The Craftversa

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: The Craftversa

Post by Nobby »

Well, since Monday we can all cash in our pensions sums and order one.......brace yourself, Andrew!

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Here's a thought .... In 1963 this fine rod was a modern , innovative new type . Sensitive a most up to date fishing machine ,and not cheap . I can't help feel that the modern day equivalent would be a Drennan Acoylete ultra light float rod :Scared: ...

I think a lot of our heros from yesteryear used the most modern gear of their day . Can't remember Richard walker or BV using a rod circa 1910 ..Jack Hargreaves seen using a closed face reel

But the craftsmanship in the modern replicas etc is sublime . I have one myself by Paul Cook so I get it , but just a thought

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Loop Erimder wrote:Here we are, the 10th AJD Craftversa

I suppose you can bring it to the Blenheim Lake day as it would seem appropriate to have you and this rod rowed round the lake by me.

A very fine piece of tackle Loop - lucky man - Andrew restored my Allcocks Carp / Avon for me and I saw some of the rods he makes - quite superb.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends,there's no getting away from the fact Andrew is a brilliant rod maker,a few years ago he offered me a light wizard ,one of his early builds for £200 and like the fool I am I turned it down as I thought I would be frightened to use it,it was so good,he said that the rods he was now making were even better.Reelmaker

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

A Stunning rod Paul, are you planning on bring this to Blenheim next month?

(I have to admit, I had an Avon Perfection on order but ive changed it to a Craftversa after seeing this)
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

That looks superb!

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

ReelMaker wrote:Dear friends,there's no getting away from the fact Andrew is a brilliant rod maker,a few years ago he offered me a light wizard ,one of his early builds for £200 and like the fool I am I turned it down as I thought I would be frightened to use it,it was so good,he said that the rods he was now making were even better.Reelmaker
You obviously have much , much more willpower to resist temptation than I have RM ... I've visited Andrew on 3 occasions and placed an order each time .. His wonderful creations are just too much for this man to resist . :Cool:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Northern Eel wrote:A Stunning rod Paul, are you planning on bring this to Blenheim next month?

(I have to admit, I had an Avon Perfection on order but ive changed it to a Craftversa after seeing this)
Tis indeed number one rod for Blenheim
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

Loop Erimder wrote:
Northern Eel wrote:A Stunning rod Paul, are you planning on bring this to Blenheim next month?

:Thumb:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Loop Erimder wrote:

In that case it will be my pleasure to row you around the lake - I will bring my special drool bailing bucket.

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”