The birth of 'Carpathia'

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
CWK
Perch

Re: The birth of 'Carpathia'

Post by CWK »

It seems as though Andrew has surpassed himself again ........................................ A wonderful looking rod.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Apologies Stu but I had to make sure this would hold a decent Carp for you so I tested it on a water butt today with 8lb line! :Thumb:
I rather think this rod is going to be an all time classic...handle length, cane like the 'steel' of a Sharpe and that extra length makes such a difference when stalking over bankside cover. The taper is just bang on the money and I would happily play a lunking great Pike on it as well as any Carp..the control I had on the water butt was just perfect it stayed just where it was originally placed :eyebrow:
Thank you Andrew for your time today and bless you for the pleasure you are about to impart with skills beyond any expectation.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

It looks absolutely stunning!!! So happy for both of you. You, SK must be over the moon with this and I'm sure it will tame a few beasts in near future. Having seen you cast the thirty yards over to the Ghosty the week before, I absolutely know what you want from that rod. Looks very much like it worked out perfectly. Happy days!!!
Kind regards, Jakobus
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

Stuart Harris, 'From Carbon to Cane'

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

A thing of beauty. Enjoy
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Aquaerial, sir. O spoke with young Andrew on the phone this morning, he said you were going to see the rod and I've been gagging to hear your thoughts. Thanks for cranking up the excitement, next Tuesday just cannot come soon enough.

Jake, thanks buddy, your right though, this is the chance I've been waiting for, and I just know it's going to end well.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

You will not be disappointed Stu...I could not find anything to challenge on the integrity of this rod and you know what its like with cane there is usually a 'what if'... I waggled it and bent it, watched Andrew bend it more and it is a beast tamer...perfect for todays fishing and tomorrows...weedy old swims and its a bully, open swims and its a rod that you can cast weight with confidence. Oh and its cane...a beautiful double baked rich looking cane finished with perfection being the only benchmark. The order book will grow and how Andrew does it for the money is beyond me..I think he must have an accountant that includes passion in the Balance Sheet.
Aquaerial

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Stop it, I want one…

:mrgreen:
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

So do I and sadly there is only one (at the moment) but it should get a fair pasting in Stuarts hands...I do think it would be honourable though to let it come to Norfolk for the winter so I can test its capacity to chuck a whole Joey out and wind a 'twenty' back.
Aquaerial

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

Just when you think you have enough rods! this thread appears again! :Hahaha:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Carpathia will be with me tomorrow. I'll put together some photos and a little report on first impressions.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”