Craftversa Restoration

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Re: Craftversa Restoration

Post by Danny Boy »

that's just stunning keith ,very nice indeed.
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

PeteD wrote:
PershoreHarrier wrote:
PeteD wrote:You certainly know how to make a man jealous on a Monday! :drool:
Would prefer to inspire you Pete - not make you or anyone else jealous.
I am truly inspired!

Now just the small matter of finding a Craftversa! :)
I was lucky enough to find an original BUT I understand that Andrew Davis makes exact replicas and I think there are at least 2 members on here with Andrew Davis Craftversas. So if you cannot find one you at least have an option to have one made and it would not surprise me to hear that the Andrew Davis version is better.

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

PershoreHarrier wrote:
PeteD wrote:
PershoreHarrier wrote:
I am truly inspired!

I was lucky enough to find an original BUT I understand that Andrew Davis makes exact replicas and I think there are at least 2 members on here with Andrew Davis Craftversas. So if you cannot find one you at least have an option to have one made and it would not surprise me to hear that the Andrew Davis version is better.
Thanks. I had heard about Andrew's Craftversa and having seen his work I know it would be a wonderful thing. It may have to wait a while though. The Good Lady has told me we are definitely having a new kitchen this year and even with my powers of persuasion convincing her that I should spend the money on 'another old stick' as she refers to them, rather than the expensive worktop and the pyrolytic self cleaning oven might not be that easy. :)

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

PershoreHarrier wrote:
PeteD wrote:
PershoreHarrier wrote:
I am truly inspired!

I am privileged to have waggled both original and AJD's versions of the Craftsversa and in my humble opinion Andrews' is superior . His renown attention to detail , craftsmanship and dedication make his rods simply a cut above as one would expect from a bespoke rod maker par excellence !!.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

A superb restoration from Andrew as always. I think CWK summed it all up nicely above. :Hat:

Wal.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

James wrote:Yes Nobby i must admit i have seen 3 other Craftversa rods all had chrome guides this is the first i had seen with original black guides except butt and tip.

Thanks for the reply, James..perhaps the black-ringed ones are earlier then?.....it was the Featherlites I recall with black rings and they pre-date the Craftversa, but I also think they were made right up to the end. If you ever need another set of black rings, they're yours.

James
Rudd

Post by James »

Thanks Nobby. You could be right about the black guides. Who knows?

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Looks stunning.....very envious! Hope you enjoy using it!!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Gary Wright
Bleak

Post by Gary Wright »

:fish: :fish: As always a A.J.D Masterpiece. I am the very proud owner of a A.J.D. Avocet and would very much like a Craftversa keeping it company in my hold-all.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Nobby wrote:
James wrote:Yes Nobby i must admit i have seen 3 other Craftversa rods all had chrome guides this is the first i had seen with original black guides except butt and tip.

Thanks for the reply, James..perhaps the black-ringed ones are earlier then?.....it was the Featherlites I recall with black rings and they pre-date the Craftversa, but I also think they were made right up to the end. If you ever need another set of black rings, they're yours.

Nobby I also have an original Swimversa and this also has black intermediate guides with the same butt and tip rings that the Craftversa had.

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”