Colne Perfection

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Colne Perfection

Post by Bumble »

Said it many times before just enough to bore you but fellow member James is a genius. This was a bespoke rod that another member Roach&Tench designed some time ago but Gary gave me permission to have the same with a typical Bumble twist.
Enough to say this should be ready just after Christmas cannot wait.
Bumble Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Aitch
Pike

Re: Colne Perfection

Post by Aitch »

That looks utterly stunning Bumble :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

To quote Sid James in "Carry on Cleo" ..... "BLIMUS" !!!

Superb work by Andrew (James) as usual ... and you're a lucky Gentleman, Colin Sir !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Post by KenSowerbutts »

Your title says it all Colin Perfection a beautiful rod to add to your collection . As pop Larkin would say perfik
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Beautiful workmanship and I'm sure you'll love it, personally I'm not keen on the dark cane split cane against the pale whole cane butt section but that's just me. :Hat:

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Paul D never a need to say that's just me cane is always subjective in opinion I have bagged up in the bowels of eBay over the last 2 months plus something insane from Paul Cook but will it appeal to everyone absolutely not .
Your honesty is appreciated.
Bumble

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Like all Andrew's creations that's sublime .. From their colour it appears that he's baked those built cane sections to give a steely feel to the rod with a fast recovery .Might I ask what your brief was in regards to the type / size of fish you intend to target with it ?.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Looks very nice Colin, almost Festival like! The dark cane looks so consistent through its length on both sections :Hat:
What sort of action is it, and overall length?

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

CWK the original brief was between Gary and AD to my mind when I waggled it was insanely light with a lot of attitude in the mid and butt section which felt right for me as a Chub rod.
This is something I feel I can hold all day touch ledgering with crust,flake, and Cheese paste the mid section is hollow built making it light in the hand and the flamming as you say makes it steely
The key to me though is the slim line whole cane butt section very difficult to find these days. I have a very early BJ Avocet the butt section is very similar
Bumble

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

When I have taken one of my rods made by an inferior builder to Andrew for refurbishment I always ensure I take a double dose of willpower tablets before entering his house as there are always some splendid pieces of cane casually reclining in this or that corner which attract the eye and then somehow find their way into your hand - you clearly left your willpower tablets at home AGAIN but what a splendid looking rod which I am sure will fish as well as it looks. Another wonderful excuse to have a day or two on the bankside.

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”