Clear water for zander?

This forum is for discussing zander.
JackPerksPhotography
Ruffe

Clear water for zander?

Post by JackPerksPhotography »

I'm a underwater photographer and im yet to get a photo of a zander underwater (i haven't caught one either!) any suggestions for locations?

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Clear water for zander?

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

River Thames, but you'd have to befriend a local guide to locate them....
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Headless

Post by Headless »

Roswell Pits near Ely and the River Ouse. Both have good numbers of Zeds.

I have been told that Glemsford No1 (LAA water) has a few Zeds. I will be targeting the few Tench and Bream there when the weather improves. I intend to set up an underwater camera while I am fishing there, hopefully I will be able to record a Zed

Darrell

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

JackPerksPhotography wrote:I'm a underwater photographer and im yet to get a photo of a zander underwater (i haven't caught one either!) any suggestions for locations?
What area are you in? There are lots in the River Trent now, particularly in the Marina's.

Headless

Post by Headless »

Shaun Harrison wrote:
JackPerksPhotography wrote:I'm a underwater photographer and im yet to get a photo of a zander underwater (i haven't caught one either!) any suggestions for locations?
What area are you in? There are lots in the River Trent now, particularly in the Marina's.
I am from Suffolk. From mid Sept through to March April time I spend most Friday nights on the Ouse around Ely after the Zander.

I have heard of Zander in the Trent. The Ouse had good numbers of good sized Zeds

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I believe the Fens area would be a good bet.
If you look on the Predator sites they should be able to help you.

RightCharlie

Post by RightCharlie »

I think the biggest obsticle will be water clarity, In my experience the more coloured the more active they are, particularly in the Fens. Grafham or one of the gravel pits around Leicester might offer a chance - Wanlip?

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

There is Frisby as well near Melton Mowbray but I mentioned the Trent because of the water clarity.

JackPerksPhotography
Ruffe

Post by JackPerksPhotography »

Shaun Harrison wrote:There is Frisby as well near Melton Mowbray but I mentioned the Trent because of the water clarity.
Yes i live on the banks of the trent not to far from shardlow which im told holds some zeds, though i need a good dry spell to get the trent clear! the lakes at melton mowbury sound promising as do grafham and rutland but there such big waters may take me a while but something to plug awayat thsi year!

Gavlar

Post by Gavlar »

Also ferry meadows lakes have good numbers!

Return to “Zander (Stizostedion lucioperca)”