Long Overdue Eel

This forum is for discussing eels.
Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Re: Long Overdue Eel

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

That's amazing heard about so many tricks for handling eels but never seen anything like that. I must go to the river to try for one tonight. :Beg:
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Give us a report back Hoppy if you have any luck, I couldn't believe it myself first time I tried it.

Bootlaces still prove a bit of a problem, big ones are easy

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

That was the clip I tried, and failed to find Alan! Thanks for locating it.

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Alan H wrote:Give us a report back Hoppy if you have any luck, I couldn't believe it myself first time I tried it.

Bootlaces still prove a bit of a problem, big ones are easy
Ah I might be a bit out of my depth here as bootlaces used to be my specialality never tangled with a big one.
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I lost track of it for ages, it just came up for me today, it was an extension of that clip that I learned to do it, it was much more detailed than that with the stroking, but that will give you the basics of the idea.

Good luck in your trying it.

Hoppy
I found the bootlaces a bit manic, but they can be tamed, good luck.

PS
Please don't use a towel or paper it's not fair on the Eel, it's easier to use your hands.

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Alan H wrote:I lost track of it for ages, it just came up for me today, it was an extension of that clip that I learned to do it, it was much more detailed than that with the stroking, but that will give you the basics of the idea.

Good luck in your trying it.

Hoppy
I found the bootlaces a bit manic, but they can be tamed, good luck.

PS
Please don't use a towel or paper it's not fair on the Eel, it's easier to use your hands.
Wouldn't dream of doing anything to hurt them they are too precious, as they seem so rare hereabouts now.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Last night I caught my smallest eel ever! It was about 1' long which means it's a good sign there is recruitment into the Thames still. Possibly not in any great numbers but all count!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Eel (Anguilla anguilla)”