Re: Bream

This forum is for discussing bream.
GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Perhaps you should spend a few weekends trying to tempt one of the monsters in Mill Lane (Yateley). They go up to over 16lb in there, and you can see 'em basking most days in summer. I've fished the place on and off for about eight years, usually for 24 hours at a time, and I haven't had a bite yet - from anything.

BobH

Post by BobH »

Sorry GOS,

I have a few mates who fish Yately, Frimley, Fen Drayton and a few other well known Big Bream waters !!

In fact they have had the Orrible things up to 20lbs, they tend to fish traditional baits like casters and worms, until the likes of the Tench catchers get to them and they go over to ( " Wash your mouth out with Carbolic " ) BOILIES :notlisterning:

Then the Big Ones come along.

Bob :cool:

Ron Clay

Post by Ron Clay »

Well you of little understanding.

"He who hath breams in his ponds may make his guests welcome."

Ancient French proverb.

Bream have amiable expressions and are associated with that lovely country - Ireland

Never to be forgotten is the movie I was involved in making in 1960 together with Bennie Ashurst and a whole host of Sheffield and Manchester matchmen. And it was Toby Sinclair who did the commentry:

"Ah 'tis a boite it is to be sure an this foine angler is now about to net....... Ahh 'tis a brame begorrah to be sure an all!

And yer man has another brame to be sure, and yes another man has also a brame begorrah!

And so it went on, brame after brame after brame.

I have wonderful memories of bream. In fact I caught a 5 pounder yesterday. I'll never get the stench of me landing net. :shocked:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Ron Clay wrote: I'll never get the stench of me landing net. :shocked:
I find the best, and most successful remedy is lighter fluid and a match. :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:
Ron Clay wrote: I'll never get the stench of me landing net. :shocked:
I find the best, and most successful remedy is lighter fluid and a match. :thumb:
Alternatively a soak in a dilute bleach solution, a good rinse and hang up to dry....
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

That's the other way, yes. :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”