Sweet Breams

This forum is for discussing bream.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Sweet Breams

Post by Tengisgol »

I really enjoy bream fishing. The fun for me is tracking them down in a big pit, finding the feeding grounds and laying a trap. Watching them porpoise toward you, against a sunset on a breeze, is magic and then if the bobbin starts to lift...

I think a really big bream is a majestic fish and a worthy target. Thoroughly enjoyed that Shaun, a wonderful catch and excellent photography. Cheers!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, It's only Monday and already I am looking forward to my next adventure. I'm incurably addicted to the outdoors but feel like a caged animal through the week whilst earning my Land Rover fuel.

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Excellent post Shaun, well done indeed.

I enjoy catching bream, of any size. I have caught several good bream over the years, mostly when carp fishing at night.

To set out to catch large bream is another thing entirely. I was inspired to do so after reading Peter Stone's excellent book 'Gravel pit angling'. I have to say, and I know this may be a bit controversial, I think it is harder by far to consistently catch decent sized bream than decent sized carp. I have lost count of the times I have sat, watching and full of anticipation, in a swim with good bream rolling all over the place and remained biteless. I have felt like pulling my hair out more than once when bream fishing... big bream are far from easy.

Fickle creatures they may be but a fish worth targeting?...certainly.

That paella looks good too

GoldCrest

Post by GoldCrest »

The big bream is awesome :Thumb:

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Well done on the Bream Shaun. I am a confirmed Bream head and love Catching them.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Splendid fish ... and fishing ! Well done, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

wonderfull write up..well done indeed that man!!! :Thumb:

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Stunning fish from what looks to be a stunning location.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

It is a lovely venue and unbelievably I saw no-one between driving through the village around a mile away on my way there on the Friday afternoon and driving back out Sunday afternoon. Pure peace and solitude several fields away from the nearest country road. I guess I picked the right week-end to attend as it does get fished by other bream anglers and carp anglers.

Blueavocet

Post by Blueavocet »

Nice write up and great pics! I've been ambushing some better sized bream on my local canal. Whilst on a good sized pit and with a good carpet of ground baiting, a big shoal can supply a series of nice fish, catching them at close range on the canal, one after the other is definitely more demanding. You will catch one or two and then the shoal wise up. Now I must admit, I don't do a lot of ground baiting, I am much more a roamer, so instead I walk the shoal along for a quarter of a mile or so, and then go again. I can then often pick up a couple more. There are some good sized bream too, roughly equal in size to the lovely specimens you have kindly photographed.

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”