Red loch bream

This forum is for discussing bream.
Ian
Eel

Re: Red loch bream

Post by Ian »

Vole wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm Bread would be my first choice, unless it always got snaffled by tiddlers. A bit of wet, pressed Warburtons on a #12 for starters, going up to a quarter-slice of fresh, rolled up tight and lashed onto the back of a #6 with several turns of white or cream cotton ( or silk, so long as it will rot) if tinies prove problematic. Yes, the latter is big and buoyant, and may need a shot to get it down, but any roach that takes that won't be a nuisance fish, and any bream worth catching will not reject it without good reason.

A mate always lets his groundbait ferment a few days, and his bream catches, which are a by-catch from the carp he's really after, are often quite something. Sometimes he gets them on two one-inch cubes of meat, hair-rigged on a size two; when he steps down to one cube on a four, he's getting serious about them. Two pinkies on a #20 is definitely only for highly pressured bream!
Of course, he might have got them so drunk that they drop their guard...
By total accident I left sweet corn in a tub for a day in the summer,it went all sticky and I thought of chucking it in the bin.i ended up using it and the roach loved it,just goes to show.
I've had roach on big bits of bread so I don't see why a really big piece wouldn't catch a big bream.well I'm back up the loch tomorrow so hopefully I will connect with something more substantial,the doubles are there,it's just a matter of time and patience.to be high pressure tomorrow so I'm not holding my breath but you never know,I will try bread and see what happens.ive got the hemp oil added to the brown crumb along with some tracix to darken it.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

A pinch of yeast will tip the odds of getting the right sort of fermentation, rather than plain old mould or,worse, bacterial putrefaction.
Tench like fermenting corn, too.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Well what can I say about yesterday,as Paul Daniels once said"notalot".frosty,bright and with a westerly that wouldn't have been out of place in January,it was a bad day.
I fished for 10hrs,my usual,from sun up til sun down and only managed a lost fish early on.twice that's happened whilst bream fishing,I can now confirm that if a fish is lost during the fight,bream that is,then the shoal go by by.i tried everything in the book bar soap powder and nothing could tempt a bite.i feel lucky cause no one else,out of 7 fishermen got a bite.
I now look forward to next and a new plan.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”