Re: What I've learned so far

Post by Ian »

I will try this Trevor,hopefully they appreciate the work we have put inha
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Slumption
Bleak

Post by Slumption »

Add layers mash to the ground bait, brasem additive or something sweet also helps and keep it inert you want them on the deck. Bream aren't that keen on hemp either. Worms have accounted for all my bream, other tips is start on a 2ft hooklink then reduce if you miss bites. I tend to ball in groundbait to an area the size of a pool table, basically feeding each corner. I then start in one corner and move the feeder as bites die off and cover a largish area. The two most important things are, they don't like weedy areas and the bream will be where they want to be. If you pre-bait any area
regularly they should pass through and hold up in this area till the bait is gone. I used stewed wheat for this, put it in same time of night for two days then fish on the third.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I recall an article in an The 2nd (?) Angling Times Book an article where the author kept going up in hook sizes trying to hit bream, and started connecting on a size 2. So it's not a new problem.

On a small 1 acre pool where the going method was size 20 and a squat just to get a bite, I had a good day on a size 8 baited with kidney bean over hemp. I'm certain the fish had never seen the beans before and wolfed them down - maybe worth a go. Bream can be the most fickle fish when you want to catch them but the most annoyingly easy when you don't.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

:surrender:

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”