Three PB's in 4 days

This forum is for discussing bream.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Three PB's in 4 days

Post by Santiago »

Last night my friend Nick, and my son Alan came to the boat to fish for bream in a pre-baited spot with lots of hemp. Alan arrived late, just gone 9pm and Nick and I bye then had only caught a few dace, roach and gudgeon on feeder rods. I was'nt particularly in the mood to fish and we only planned to fish 'till 11pm so I let my son use my rod and set up. So my son starts to feeder fish just gone 10pm, and only goes and catches 7 big bream between 4lb and 7lb15, his new pb. The fish were feeding very confidently with the tips just being pulled around; all un-misable bites, then at just before 12 he lost a fish and the shoal spooked and all he had for the next hour before going to bed was finnicky bites. Strangley, Nick fished an identical set up just a few meters down stream and had no bites, for the fish appeared very concentrated exactly over where we laid the bed of hemp.

So, we had three pbs in 4 days. Friday Nick managed a 7lb10, Saturday I caught a 7lb12, Sunday we all blanked (possibly because we baited up late) and last night fishing over the bait from Sunday, my son caught a bream of 7lb15. This weekend I'll have the swim to myself and will be able to get down to some serious fishing!!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Three PB's in 4 days

Post by AshbyCut »

So not only bream roll ... you're on a roll too, Sir. Good fortune at the weekend.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Thanks Ashby! Before the weekend my friend Nick and my son Alan, only half believed my stories of how amazing the Thames can be after dark when it's on form and the bream are confident.

I will put more hemp and corn out tomorrow night and on Thursday, and fish all night friday things being good! But I will be fishing in a known barbel hot spot so I'm tempted to put a sleeper rod out with meat on and switch to the barbel if any show!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Excellent results Bigfish :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Estaban

Post by Estaban »

Well done BigFish and congrats to you all on some fine catches.

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”