A late example of a 12ft. "Featherlite" ?

The Milwards Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

A late example of a 12ft. "Featherlite" ?

Post by AshbyCut »

Winging its way to me is a 12ft. "Milward's "Featherlite" in what looks to be excellent condition ... unless the handle is 'wrong' !

I say that because I hadn't seen one with a metal screw down reel seat before, and was unaware that Milward's offered one with this. Perhaps someone has a catalogue or two (I'm guessing later in date) they might have a look in to verify whether this is original ? I'll be fascinated to see, however, how the balance feels with a centrepin mounted on that seat !

For those who don't know the rod ... it comprises a spanish reed butt, a reed spliced to whole cane centre, and Milward's compound "Twin Taper" tip section.

Anyway, it's coming with bag, the original ferrule stoppers, all the transfers (including the 'Twin Taper' one on the tip section) 100% present and complete, and the black intermediate guides which Milward's fitted to these rods (and the versions in other lengths).

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”