Swimversa

The Milwards Rods forum.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: Swimversa

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Zipper wrote:Today I bought one of these on impulse as I knew nothing about it. As it was £7 and in good condition I couldn't really go wrong. Mine has a number in the 7000's but has the same makers sticker and twin taper tip sticker. Whippings on mine appear the same, though I am doubtful about the guides as the first is bright like yours while the rest seem black. Hopefully will find out how to post pics of it over the weekend.
The black guides could well be original - my Craftversa certainly has black intermediate guides with the first being 'bright'. I also have a Swimversa and think that may have black intermediate guides as well - I will have a look when I get home.

The Swimversa is a very fine rod indeed in my opinion and for £7 must be considered 'Purchase of the Year' - well done indeed.

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

It certainly is a good looking rod, what does it feel like in the hand ?, I have a milwards fly light which I adore

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

I too have a Swimversa that has been lovingly restored by Andrew J Davis to original spec.. It's in it's original bag complete with stoppers and is as straight as a die . A beautiful rod !,

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

At £7 Zipper I concur with PershoreHarrier - buy of the year indeed.

Where on earth did you find such a steal, may I ask?

If it's in good condition you must have "saved" yourself at least £100 I would think.

Well done. Hope you make some good fishing memories together.

Zipper
Roach

Post by Zipper »

CraigM wrote:At £7 Zipper I concur with PershoreHarrier - buy of the year indeed.

Where on earth did you find such a steal, may I ask?

If it's in good condition you must have "saved" yourself at least £100 I would think.

Well done. Hope you make some good fishing memories together.
Found it on that auction site. Pictures barely legible but just had a feeling and worth it no matter what it turned out to be.
Here is the original pic

http://imgur.com/a/JBuKY

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Jeepers well done indeed .
Isn't there a saying about fortune favouring the bold/brave/daring :Thumb:
It certainly seems to have done in this case.

Mercman
Roach

Post by Mercman »

Looks as new... great find!

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Zipper, I hope the seller had no idea of it's value. If they did, they're probably just drying their tears!

Of course, it's real value is on the bank fishing.

I'd certainly be prepared to offer you £8 immediately................A significant mark up I'm sure you'll agree. Seriously, it's worth twenty times what you paid - at least.

I won't be parting with mine as I think it's one of my more special rods.

Well done again. Let us know if you christen it. My first fish on mine was a decent trout from the Itchen navigation near Winchester.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”