Spinversa outing

The Milwards Rods forum.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Spinversa outing

Post by Harry H »

My first time out with the Spinversa paired with an Edgar Sealey Floatcaster Mk4 and finished off with a new Ondex 2 spinner.
So with a early finish at work it was off home for lunch and a quick change into some wet weather gear as it had been raining since about 11 o'clock despite an overnight freeze. Arriving at the small Perch pond with the temperature at a sweltering 6 degrees, it had stopped raining and with my excitement building l tackled up at the car before walking down to the pond. The water was crystal clear so ideal for my task, with a quick dunk in the margin to wet the wool for a bit of added casting weight the first cast was made. There was a splash about 30 yards out which l was pretty pleased about with such a light spinner, I started counting it down then it dawned on me I could still see the red wool was still visible :shocked: yep you guest it the pond had a big sheet of ice across about three quarters of it :doh: So it was round to the Sunnyside of the pond where I found some liquid water and was able to have a few more casts with my latest acquisition which was the main reason for my trip to make sure the ferrules were good and tight before it gets a few coats of varnish. I must say what a pleasure the rod is to use,it has a lovely action to it and I'm sure that it would handle quite a sizable fish as well as casting light spinners.
Not surprisingly didn't manage to catch but an enjoyable afternoon nevertheless and with the sun starting to shine the pond started steaming as I made my way back to the car for the the journey home. Image
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Re: Spinversa outing

Post by Chris Bettis »

Nice looking pond well worth some in depth exploring I think.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”