Milward's 'Featherlite' 11ft., 2 piece.

The Milwards Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Milward's 'Featherlite' 11ft., 2 piece.

Post by AshbyCut »

About 3 years ago I restored 3 Milward's 'Featherlite' rods of different lengths ... and them sold them all to fund my Precision obsession. They were 3 piece 'match' style rods of Spanish Reed/whole cane/split cane ... 10.5ft., 12ft., and 14ft. versions. I regretted it soon after, so bought a 12ft. version in original condition.

During the time I owned them I saw reference to a "reputedly rare" 11ft., 2 piece version ... but had only seen a photo until this one turned up on a certain internet auction site. Needless to say I decided it would be safest in my care (you know I have a soft spot for 2 piece, 11ft. rods !!! Just ask Jakobus and Colin !!!) ... and the force was with me.

It should be here within the week ! Tincture time !

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Last edited by AshbyCut on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Milward's 'Featherlite' 11ft., 2 piece.

Post by Olly »

I thought it was - is "a very pretty" rod, too delicate for chub & stuff! Many splices!
Last edited by Olly on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Olly wrote:I thought it was - is "a very pretty" rod, to delicate for chub & stuff! Many splices!
The catalogue carries the warning "Note.- The "Matchmaster" and "Featherlite" above are designed FOR CONTEST FISHING IN THE U.K. AND MUST NOT BE USED FOR ANY FORM OF HEAVY FISHING.'

... so you're correct in you assumption, Sir. Still water roach, crucian, gudgeon ... especially for a tiddler snatcher like me ! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Well done that man,never seen one of those before. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I did hear about a whacking great carp!?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Olly wrote:I did hear about a whacking great carp!?
That was a crucian on steroids, Sir ... and it was all Wagtail's fault !!! :Wink:

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Stunning piece of cane my friend s truly great Crucian rod

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

AshbyCut wrote:
Olly wrote:I did hear about a whacking great carp!?
That was a crucian on steroids, Sir ... and it was all Wagtail's fault !!! :Wink:
:whistle: :whistle: :Chuckle:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Dendrobaena
Silver Bream

Post by Dendrobaena »

Well done Sir!!!!
There was a great deal of unrepeatable language when i did not win this rod :rant: , but i am glad it went to a fellow TFF member :Hat:
"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Dendrobaena wrote:Well done Sir!!!!
There was a great deal of unrepeatable language when i did not win this rod :rant: , but i am glad it went to a fellow TFF member :Hat:
You have first refusal if I ever decide to part with it, Sir.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”