Millward Floatrover - new tip required

The Milwards Rods forum.
AEHDullies
Stickleback

Millward Floatrover - new tip required

Post by AEHDullies »

I'm new to the TFA and apologies if I'm not using the forum in the correct way, but does anybody out there know where I may be able to procure a replacement tip section for a 1964/5 Floatrover - needs to be in excellent condition, preferably with original whippings.
Rgds
Alan Hatton
Show me a river .......

Lovatt
Perch

Re: Millward Floatrover - new tip required

Post by Lovatt »

Hi if you can rebuild your own then there are rod builders who will build you a new tip around £80.00 and you will have to finish it or they would do that for an extra price but there again you can buy a whole rod from Ebay for that. try Norman Agutters http://norman-agutters.com/

Regards lovatt

AEHDullies
Stickleback

Post by AEHDullies »

Thanks for the response Lovatt - apologies for delay in response.
I think I'll give EBay a good look before I consider the rebuilder route
Rgds
Alan
Show me a river .......

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Sorry for my late reply good luck with it and let us know how you get on with it they are nice rods.

Regards Lovatt

AEHDullies
Stickleback

Post by AEHDullies »

Excuse me Lovatt, one more question .... Are the metal ferrules on these rods of a standard size? I have found a Floatrover with a tip in reasonable condition, that I could re-finish, but I am wondering if the tip ferrule will fit the female ferrule on my own second section?
Thank you
Show me a river .......

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

AEHDullies wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 am Excuse me Lovatt, one more question .... Are the metal ferrules on these rods of a standard size? I have found a Floatrover with a tip in reasonable condition, that I could re-finish, but I am wondering if the tip ferrule will fit the female ferrule on my own second section?
Thank you
Ferrules come in pairs, one is made to fit the other so you will need to use the ferrule off your old tip
Good luck with your project. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”