Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

The Milwards Rods forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Galician
Ruffe
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 pm
Location: Horncastle

Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Galician » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:32 pm

I have a 12' Swimversa in a bit of a state requiring a good amount of TLC. The threads on it have lost all of their colour, but might be black and red Tiger Thread? Be grateful if any one can help on confirming colour and where I could possibly get the thread. Nearest I have found is the Prowrap Tiger Thread at GuidesnBlanks but they do not have a Black and Red. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Galician

User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Harry H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Galician wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:32 pm
I have a 12' Swimversa in a bit of a state requiring a good amount of TLC. The threads on it have lost all of their colour, but might be black and red Tiger Thread? Be grateful if any one can help on confirming colour and where I could possibly get the thread. Nearest I have found is the Prowrap Tiger Thread at GuidesnBlanks but they do not have a Black and Red. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Galician
Elephant silk Red/Black Jasper :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

User avatar
MGs
Pike
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by MGs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Some on evil bay at the moment if you have deep pockets, about £20 a reel
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

User avatar
PershoreHarrier
Eel
Posts: 2348
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm
Location: North Worcestershire

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by PershoreHarrier » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Andrew Davis is currently restoring my Milwards Swimversa which indeed had a black and red thread which I think Andrew was going to have to source to undertake the restoration so it might be an idea to send him an e.mail.

User avatar
MGs
Pike
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by MGs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm

I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Harry H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm

MGs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
http://www.belvoirdale.com/Silk_Thd.html
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

User avatar
MGs
Pike
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by MGs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Harry H wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
MGs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
http://www.belvoirdale.com/Silk_Thd.html
That's the stuff. Looking at the price, by the time you add shipping, probably cheaper to buy the expensive Elephant brand stuff from the well known internet auction site. At least you know you can still get it
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Harry H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 pm

MGs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:06 pm
Harry H wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
MGs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
http://www.belvoirdale.com/Silk_Thd.html
That's the stuff. Looking at the price, by the time you add shipping, probably cheaper to buy the expensive Elephant brand stuff from the well known internet auction site. At least you know you can still get it
Did you get yours turn up yet?
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

User avatar
CWK
Rudd
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 am

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by CWK » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:32 pm

PershoreHarrier wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:15 pm
Andrew Davis is currently restoring my Milwards Swimversa which indeed had a black and red thread which I think Andrew was going to have to source to undertake the restoration so it might be an idea to send him an e.mail.
Andrew restored a Swimversa for me in Red and Black " Jasper " silk thread . Looks absolutely fabulous and probably better than when it originally left Millwards factory . :Thumb:

User avatar
MGs
Pike
Posts: 6061
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by MGs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:54 am

Harry H wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Did you get yours turn up yet?
Not yet. Post out here in the wilds can be a bit unpredictable. Our only post yesterday was a 1st class letter posted on Monday :rant: 5 days, well done Royal Mail. I've stopped sending anything first class. Hopefully Monday
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Post Reply

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest