For Sale Again

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: For Sale Again

Post by Olly »

We buy the £3m property then sell off the house and grounds - except for the lake! Cheaper that way - not to have a £3m clubhouse! :Scared:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Good thinking Olly :Happy:

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Skeff wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:51 pm
Nigel Rainton wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am If I were the owner I'd be a bit annoyed about this publicity, it is a private matter.
Just caught up with this thread... I have managed a project to deliver the restoration of the pool and conservation management across the estate for the past four years.

The sale is a private matter for the family and not within the scope of my work. I have known about the sale since last summer but have obviously respected client confidentiality about the matter until it was agreed that it could be discussed and the family were happy that it was.

The restoration adds little to the capital value of the estate and cost a significant sum, so I have huge respect for the owners for carrying out the work, even though the decision to sell had been taken. They did this out of respect for Redmire's angling heritage and because they wanted to hand the pool on in good condition.

Whether it is fished or not in the future is a matter for the new owners but I suspect privacy may be a more important consideration for someone purchasing a £3 million property than income from a bunch of carp anglers?

Time will tell. As long as the pool is respected I quite like the idea of it enjoying a quiet retirement and lying undisturbed.
Just read this Skeff, my own little club had leased the fishing for about 15 years on two small pools on an estate in Leics, we stocked them with trout and carried out bank maintenance etc, the owner sadly died and his family put the estate on the market for a figure around what they are asking for Redmire, my club was convinced that any new owner would more than likely not renew the annual lease. Once the sale had gone through we were informed via the land agent that we could continue to fish subject to a comprehensive insurance policy to cover liabilities for anyone using / working or being at the pools. Plus parking arrangements were to be formalised. Five years on we have a great relationship with the owners family and very importantly his manager / keeper who has been more than helpful with maintenance. We invite him and his wife as guests to our club dinner. I realise that the odd angler having a few hours fly fishing is not the same as anglers having long sessions but it may be that the fishing is not lost for ever even if it means perhaps less rods etc.
Dave

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Anything is possible Dave.... Just some outcomes more likely than others perhaps? Time will tell. I know of one interested party who is anti-angling for example! The point is we are all guessing and the future is completely uncertain until the sale is completed and the new owners decide.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Imagine there being no more angling and the remaining fish being allowed to retire in peace until another future owner declares otherwise – I like it. I have always been against the way Redmire has been subjected to so much relentless angling pressure over the years and whilst a deeply unpopular view, I think Walker should have kept quiet.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I think all will be well. I was there to meet Kim and Les on Sunday. Have to say, the pool looked magnificent and the news of the sale was good... Ignore the social media speculation.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I hope it all works out well for you Skeff. I've followed your renovation with great interest and it would be entirely fitting that you retained your close association with 'her' - all waters, like boats, are surely females? :Happy: ATB :Hat:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Liphook wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:40 pm I hope it all works out well for you Skeff. I've followed your renovation with great interest and it would be entirely fitting that you retained your close association with 'her' - all waters, like boats, are surely females? :Happy: ATB :Hat:
My work is done but the estate is going to be a family home, which is fantastic, given the wilder speculation I've seen.

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

Michael wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:34 pm These commercial fisheries are always changing hand!

Who'd buy it?...

Possibly Danny Fairbrass & korda to be included in his Embryo Angling portfolio?

Only joking......
Thats exactly what the bloke who runs it calls it. May be its commercial days will end :Hat:

Return to “Redmire Pool”