Sad news at Redmire.

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: Sad news at Redmire.

Post by Barbulus »

Stu - Perhaps the Press might wish to pick up on my own brief report - and sense - on my visit to Redmire last week instead as I think there is a positive story to tell for the future and intentions.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

From what I read, they start by saying what Rob said, but then turn it good by the words of Chris Yates and Les, that there is an issue, but one that shall be addressed shortly. I'm just surprised Rob would take his story to AT, didn't think such was his way.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Stu - well that sounds as though there is a balanced reporting there at least which is responsible journalism. Ho Hum.......

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Maybe he's been talking about the issues for a very long time possibly years and had finally had enough of nothing being done :Confused: who knows. Let's hope it WILL be done now as I'm sure it will :Hat:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Nice to see a bit of transparency for a change. If you want to keep Redmire Pool as an
important part of carp fishing history, then don't adopt the attitude, what goes on at
Redmire Pool, stays at Redmire Pool. After all, it's not like the bailiff was giving away
state secrets.

ATB Macko

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Stu - just read your article. Absolutely spot on. Well thought through and well written. Excellent ! "Relaxing on the dam - fishing.....isn't just about catching big carp, it's a social activity too". That one sentence is so very true. Thank you for writing it and thanks to AT for publishing the article. Oh.....great looking Mirror too ! See you there next year I hope !

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

AT phoned Rob for an interview after they heard he had resigned.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Barbulus wrote:Stu - just read your article. Absolutely spot on. Well thought through and well written. Excellent ! "Relaxing on the dam - fishing.....isn't just about catching big carp, it's a social activity too". That one sentence is so very true. Thank you for writing it and thanks to AT for publishing the article. Oh.....great looking Mirror too ! See you there next year I hope !
Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it. :Hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Snape wrote:AT phoned Rob for an interview after they heard he had resigned.

Ah, makes perfect sense.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Kingfisher wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:I think Redmire would benefit from a perch population to keep the amount of youngsters down. Discuss.

Wouldn't the eels go a fair way toward doing that Dave?
Evidently not Matt, there's a stack of small fish that the eels have failed to chomp on. In a rich water like Redmire the eels tend to feed on naturals and only a few turn into fish eaters. they are the big headed ones that come out and I don't think Redmire is renound for those. Perch on the other hand......

Return to “Redmire Pool”