Redmire Phone Bookings 2015

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Mario
Eel

Re: Redmire Phone Bookings

Post by Mario »

i won't be going I'm not sure how much it cost but i suspect it quite a sum and for the money you pay i can join several really good clubs for that money which will give me really good fishing for a whole year without trying to upset anyone here redmire pool is not much more than a comercial fishery which gets a hammering due to being fished every day of the fishing season i know at one time it was very famous but i think its glory days a long gone I'm afraid

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Mario wrote:i won't be going I'm not sure how much it cost but i suspect it quite a sum and for the money you pay i can join several really good clubs for that money which will give me really good fishing for a whole year without trying to upset anyone here redmire pool is not much more than a comercial fishery which gets a hammering due to being fished every day of the fishing season i know at one time it was very famous but i think its glory days a long gone I'm afraid
Spread the word Mario :Wink:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Nol78

Post by Nol78 »

I used to be a carp angler, stopped fishing for them and sold my tackle when we moved.

Their was a pool that contained nice carp, only de R-tarts fishing for them killed the whole nature of the pool, by trowing in buckets of boillies.
Their wasn`t a carp left that wouln`t get caught 2 or 3 times a weekend. Very sad. :Cry:

And in my opinion has nothing to do with wat anglin is al about.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Good point Mushy.....see you there in a few months !

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Don't tar all with the same brush Nol78...... http://vimeo.com/74819045

I also believe that Redmire isn't beyond restoration yet.... I know the owners hold the long-term future of the pool close to their hearts and I'm sure things will be restored to the way they should be in time.

Kind regards
Skeff

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

An even better point Skeff. I owe you a phone call too !

Nol78

Post by Nol78 »

Skeff wrote:Don't tar all with the same brush Nol78...... http://vimeo.com/74819045

I also believe that Redmire isn't beyond restoration yet.... I know the owners hold the long-term future of the pool close to their hearts and I'm sure things will be restored to the way they should be in time.

Kind regards
Skeff
Only talk over the poeple at that pool Skeff, should have refrased it a little different.
Sorry about that.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

No offence taken Sir and I actually share your concerns about many carp anglers and many carp venues..... The sad thing is that the more caring anglers like you are driven away from enjoying carp fishing as it should be, the further this branch of angling will slide into the mire that it has created for itself......

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

I think that perhaps the angling manufacturers and angling press should accept some responsibility for the way in which carp fishing especially has developed. Boillies, Bivvies, Bait Boats, Back Leads, Rods that cast to the horizon. I wonder sometimes whether all of these "must haves" have encouraged those chaps who make up the new culture of carp fishers? Apologies for running on, it's a sad thing when the ethos changes to such an extent that it's often the fish that suffer.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Mario wrote:i won't be going I'm not sure how much it cost but i suspect it quite a sum and for the money you pay i can join several really good clubs for that money which will give me really good fishing for a whole year without trying to upset anyone here redmire pool is not much more than a comercial fishery which gets a hammering due to being fished every day of the fishing season i know at one time it was very famous but i think its glory days a long gone I'm afraid
Totally agree with you Mario....If I want to go to the circus ill get tickets for Billy Smarts!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Redmire Pool”