redmire 2015

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: redmire 2015

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote:Just back from the pool this evening... Planning going well for the restoration work I'm delighted to say. The chaps fishing had caught a couple of carp between them as well, so it's been a lovely day. The highlight was Kim Richardson teaching me how to dowse while we were walking the wider estate. I now have a new obsession; it's really quite remarkable!
Glad to hear positive reports Skeff. :Happy: :Hat:

Not too sure about the dowsing though.... :geek:

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

That would support my view until today Nigel... But today was interesting and a powerful demonstration was followed by an even more powerful personal experience of this "art", which was very convincing... I'll tell you more next time we meet, by which time I'll have had a play with what I learned today. Next AGM will be interesting!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote:That would support my view until today Nigel... But today was interesting and a powerful demonstration was followed by an even more powerful personal experience of this "art", which was very convincing... I'll tell you more next time we meet, by which time I'll have had a play with what I learned today. Next AGM will be interesting!
How intriguing... :Confused:

You'll be club dowser next...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

OMG ! Another sideline to go with the others ! Actually to be blunt - I am seriously impressed as I am a believer too !

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Ha ha.... I plan to take up plastering in the autumn too Barbulus!

I wouldn't say I'm a believer yet but Kim's demonstration today was remarkable and within five minutes he had me dowsing with a forked stick with results on a "blind test" that I simply couldn't explain in any way other than that it worked.... I come from a naturally sceptical background as a scientist by training but I'm going to be doing some tests of my own after today...

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote:I come from a naturally sceptical background as a scientist by training but I'm going to be doing some tests of my own after today...
Double blind I trust Skeff!

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

OMG... News Flash,,,,Fracking started at Redmire ... Shock.. Horror... :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Tongue: :Tongue: :Tongue:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Yes the Mire is in great shape, here are a couple of photos from my recent trip, full of weed and lazy carp. I managed to winkle out one little gem and christened Len' s net in the process :Thumb:

Best Fishes
Mushy

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

She looks lovely Mushy.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Thank you for posting the photographs Mushy. A photograph paints a thousand words.....

Return to “Redmire Pool”