redmire virgin

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Ade76
Bleak

Re: redmire virgin

Post by Ade76 »

Well! I'll get straight to the point gents (I blanked) but catching would have just been a bonus, as the experience was more than enough for me.
Wednesday afternoon and night was spent in a numbness trying to get my head around the fact I was actually at the legendary pool id read about as a boy and seen on passion for angling.
I did have a short run about eleven thirty which I "presume" was an eel as it slipped the hook after a very short fight :doh:
Thursday started off frosty but soon warmed up as the sun rose over the pool and the sun beamed down some heat into willow pitch, I only saw a few bubblers during the day and as the afternoon came so did the wind, at points during the night I thought there was a jet parked behind me as the noise blowing down the field was horrendous.
Friday morning started with mike landing a 10lb+ common carp in immaculate condition using maggots fished to the dam, sadly for the rest of us it was the only fish to be caught in our time there.
my last hour was spent fishing in the shallows where upon getting into the swim a mirror carp of 20lbish lept from the water three times just to rub it in :Hahaha:
I know now that the way I fished the pool was wrong but iv put that down to being so distracted by where I was.
A great couple of days though and I will definitely be going there again at some point, hopefully in the summer time.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Firebird - may I respectfully refer you to the post that SK has made on the subject.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Davejass wrote:Are You trying to wind us up Jeremy? You must know this is where Dick Walker caught Clarrissa and Chris Yates caught another record breaking carp!!
And not forgetting Bob Richards record carp before Dick and Chris.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

"....A great couple of days though and I will definitely be going there again at some point, hopefully in the summer time."

Well done Ade....it has that effect I feel. Really pleased you enjoyed it.

Ade76
Bleak

Post by Ade76 »

Iv just been informed,Ill be enjoying the pool again in September for a couple of days

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Ade76 wrote:Iv just been informed,Ill be enjoying the pool again in September for a couple of days
Well done Ade. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Ade76 wrote:Iv just been informed,Ill be enjoying the pool again in September for a couple of days

A lovely time of year to be there. Not jealous! :mrgreen:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

With appollogies to Bob, Dick & Chris.

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I've just been doing some research and feel a little bit silly.......Redmire actually features in a "passion for angling " (the scarecrow bit) which I 've read of course and watched the series on video countless times, although not recently since the demise of our VCR ten years ago.
I am also reading "casting At The Sun" and having just skipped ahead a couple of chapters I see a chapter titled "Redmire Revisited"!
So, guilty as charged, I clearly did just have a senior moment and my appollogies to Bob, Dick and Chris.
Wonder how he knew the fish was called Clarissa?
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

He originally named it Ravioli Jeremy :Hat:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Indeed, the zoo named her Clarissa.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Redmire Pool”