"Sussy characters!"

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Skeff
Crucian Carp

"Sussy characters!"

Post by Skeff »

As I strolled onto the Redmire dam yesterday I could hear Prof's broad Devonshire accent in my mind "Yer! They be a couple of sussy characters..... Up to no good no doubt!"

Turned out to be Stu and Teifi from this forum and a nice angler called Billy.... Any chances chaps? :Wink:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: "Sussy characters!"

Post by Tengisgol »

I have seen lots of pretty pictures posted by SK on that social site called Fishbook this week, with a very red looking Redmire.Oh and a pitch looking like a scene from the Calais Jungle.

But no fish.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Yes I had a text from Stu today, no one has caught a fish so far, but there is still time.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Very sad to have never crossed paths with Prof....not properly at least.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Kev Parr wrote:Very sad to have never crossed paths with Prof....not properly at least.
You would have got on like a house on fire Kev.....

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Tengisgol wrote:I have seen lots of pretty pictures posted by SK on that social site called Fishbook this week, with a very red looking Redmire.Oh and a pitch looking like a scene from the Calais Jungle.

But no fish.
Colour of tomato soup when I was there.... As for the Calais Jungle, you should see the machete Stu pulled out to open the chocky half-covereds... :surrender:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Kev Parr wrote:Very sad to have never crossed paths with Prof....not properly at least.
I was lucky enough to have exchanged correspondence which is now safely kept in the folds of my copy of his book. We had great discussions about floats and the Southern rivers. I have a copy of his 'sprat float' which is a lovely design. If I get the chance later I will photograph and post it!

I too wish I had had a chance to meet in person. Rest in peace Sir.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Hmm? Redmire in flood with a frost tonight.... they should be in for some hectic sport. :Sarcasm: But knowing Stu, he will fish it like a weasel hunts for rabbits and will smile all the way :Thumb:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Stu rather tempted fate by telling me had never blanked on Redmire..... Is there a "Slapping myself on my head" smilie thing? Ah yes! :doh:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Alas chaps, but there were no fish out this week to any of us, not for the want of trying. I could make all manner of excuses about weather/conditions etc, the fact if the matter was they had all gone in holiday somewhere, it's obvious.

A lovely surprise to see you Skeff, sorry if my new penknife startled you my friend. :Sun:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Redmire Pool”