Redmire Pool - FOR SALE

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Redmire Pool - FOR SALE

Post by Snape »

Olly wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am https://www.onthemarket.com/details/3135119/

Is this the estate?
No. Bernithan Court is here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ber ... -2.6669383
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

The only pictures on Google Earth taken by "lordlupin" show "Redmire Pool 2012 sadly neglected".

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

It didn't look "sadly neglected" when I was there in 2012..

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

all depends who buys it they may want to make as much money out of the purchase as possible but if i was a multi million air i would want to keep the pool to myself with no other anglers except for a few friends who i may wish to invite. i think the less people who fish at a pool the better for the fish red mire gets fished every day of the fishing season day and night its very pressured

The Bishop
Perch

Post by The Bishop »

To do
1.Win lottery
2.Buy Redmire
3.Form T.F.F syndicate
4.Buy an even tattier wardrobe of clothes and remake APFA with me as the star(except I wouldn't catch anything)
Right lets get cracking
Tight Lines

The Bishop

The Gods do not take from a life,the time one spends in fishing.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Best always to remember that mostly as a fisherman you're usually a guest or a tenant - best not to assume the mantle of right and faux ownership.

I now pay double to fish a "syndicate" over what I paid in the club. Just have to be philosophical, grateful, one day who knows what will happen?

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

By my maths any future syndicate (15 anglers) on the pool would have to charge around £4000 a year for membership and operate on a rota system to generate the income currently attained. This would also mean that there could potentially be more anglers on the estate at any one time than there is now.
A system like this was attempted at my local estate, Woburn, each member paying a four figure plus sum and being vetted and interviewed by the Duke!
Last I heard, it had two members.

The income generated by the pool on which is a working estate, with a transition of the current system, which could potentially be seamless would surely be a logical progression. We live in hope.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I have to admit that I would rather like Redmire to have a good long rest. I don't think anybody can pre-guess what will happen to the fishing. All we can do is speculate. It may be that the current owners will try to find a buyer who they think will take best care of the estate or alternatively somebody might come along with a very good offer. There is no knowing but for a moment imagine if you bought a big house in the country and a few hundred yards from your house was club activity that you had no interest or affinity towards, would you then want vehicles and people associated with that activity on your private estate all the time, if you didn't need the income it generated?

I very much doubt that it will be bought by anybody with an active interest in carp fishing. However, that may ensure that others can continue to fish the lake. I think it will come down to whether or not the owner needs to generate income from the pool and if they want to manage it themselves or continue with the current arrangement.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Beresford wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 am I have to admit that I would rather like Redmire to have a good long rest. I don't think anybody can pre-guess what will happen to the fishing. All we can do is speculate. It may be that the current owners will try to find a buyer who they think will take best care of the estate or alternatively somebody might come along with a very good offer. There is no knowing but for a moment imagine if you bought a big house in the country and a few hundred yards from your house was club activity that you had no interest or affinity towards, would you then want vehicles and people associated with that activity on your private estate all the time, if you didn't need the income it generated?

I very much doubt that it will be bought by anybody with an active interest in carp fishing. However, that may ensure that others can continue to fish the lake. I think it will come down to whether or not the owner needs to generate income from the pool and if they want to manage it themselves or continue with the current arrangement.
Yes if you bought such a property would you really want convoys of white vans coming and going at all hours, or folk in Edwardian costume running up and down over excitedly chattering about custard creams and Darjeeling versus Lapsang Souchong?

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Tweed wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am Yes if you bought such a property would you really want convoys of white vans coming and going at all hours, or folk in Edwardian costume running up and down over excitedly chattering about custard creams and Darjeeling versus Lapsang Souchong?
Certainly wouldn't want the white vans, wouldn't mind the Edwardians though.

Wasn't Redmire originally a trout water? As a true traditionalist I think if I bought it I'd get rid of the carp altogether and fill with loads of 2lb rainbows... :Scared:

Return to “Redmire Pool”