Re: Redmire Pool - FOR SALE

Post by Robbi »

Brave man indeed Sir :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Anybody with the sort of money required to buy the estate is unlikely to need the income generated by leasing fishing rights. Ideas of a syndicate or a continuation of the current system are wishful thinking at best. I imagine the most likely scenario will be that a wealthy man with an interest in carp fishing will turn it into their own private playground. I only hope that whoever buys it has the sense to go ahead with the restoration programme and takes proper care over the pool and its carp.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

GregF wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:46 pm Anybody with the sort of money required to buy the estate is unlikely to need the income generated by leasing fishing rights. Ideas of a syndicate or a continuation of the current system are wishful thinking at best. I imagine the most likely scenario will be that a wealthy man with an interest in carp fishing will turn it into their own private playground. I only hope that whoever buys it has the sense to go ahead with the restoration programme and takes proper care over the pool and its carp.
I would've thought that income generated by the estate would enable the purchase, for many.

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Or they will see it as an asset to generate income for the estate,assuming the land agents will be highlighting the pool as an asset to the estate in the sale.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Kevin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm Or they will see it as an asset to generate income for the estate,assuming the land agents will be highlighting the pool as an asset to the estate in the sale.
Indeed.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Just look at R K Leisure, owned by the son of a multi-billionaire. They purchased Wraysbury Gravel Pits and Horton plus some others. This maybe the future of angling but I do hope not. A look at their website will give you an idea!

I do enjoy fishing in quiet uncrowded places so Syndicates that have reduced angler numbers and sensible management attract.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Olly wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:33 pm Just look at R K Leisure, owned by the son of a multi-billionaire. They purchased Wraysbury Gravel Pits and Horton plus some others. This maybe the future of angling but I do hope not. A look at their website will give you an idea!

I do enjoy fishing in quiet uncrowded places so Syndicates that have reduced angler numbers and sensible management attract.
I've just had a look.....the rules and indeed the need for most of them are mind boggling! I'm glad I'm just a simple river rover.....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

[quote=RBTraditional

I've just had a look.....the rules and indeed the need for most of them are mind boggling! I'm glad I'm just a simple river rover.....
[/quote]

Just read the rules myself - good grief. How do you catch carp without a bucket - or with one come to that?

I used to fish Cotswold Water Park where, on some waters, you had to stay in your swim as stalking was forbidden - once you'd put your bucket down I assume. Their bailiffs were, shall we say, keen and loved to jump on anybody that wasn't fishing like a robot.

As for Redmire. Worse case scenario, it get's left, the otters have a field day and some time in the future it's rediscovered as the home of monsters..... gudgeon that is. 'Best' case, it continues as is - somewhere between a commercial and a theme park.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Some of these fisheries do look like they are run like a police state! :shocked:
One river stretch I am a member of has no written rules as such, you are just asked to abide by the local bylaws and fish considerately and in a gentlemanly manner.....and no one ever appears to push the boundaries.....Big fish venues do seem to attract a certain breed......
Now where's my bucket? :Hahaha:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Not big fish venues per se - big carp venues mostly! Although some barbel waters have rules, etc not similar to "modern" carp fishing.

Return to “Redmire Pool”