Worrying situation at Redmire

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Worrying situation at Redmire

Post by Olly »

They would if it meant a loss of privacy and control!

I removed the fish out of Cheshunt to their new home, carp and eels where the most.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Tengisgol wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 pm
RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:31 pm Rather than arguing over the possible causes of the decline of the pool, why don't we set up a credible crowd funding thingy. I personally don't want to fish it, have never been that interested in fishing it (because it would destroy the mystery and history for me that it once held) but I'd certainly put my hand in my very deep pockets to help restore it to its former glory... but not if, it's run as a commercial fishery as it has now become.
Trouble is it doesn't belong to us. In effect, its in someone else's back garden.

Even if this was possible, it would need a trust and trustees etc. etc.

It is up to the estate, and with Mark Walsingham's assistance, to decide what to do.
Best we keep the TFF out of it, if anyone is thinking about setting anything up please do it off the open forum. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Olly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm They would if it meant a loss of privacy and control!

I removed the fish out of Cheshunt to their new home, carp and eels where the most.
Hi Olly,
Where did the stock of Cheshunt get moved to, would be interested to know sizes, species and how the removal was done. I fished it once as a guest of Roger Smith in 1977, the carp were not big but hard fighting and we had quite a few on cockles.
Did anyone ever write up the history of Cheshunt Reservoir ?
Best regards
Mem

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Mark wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:54 pm
Tengisgol wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 pm
RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:31 pm Rather than arguing over the possible causes of the decline of the pool, why don't we set up a credible crowd funding thingy. I personally don't want to fish it, have never been that interested in fishing it (because it would destroy the mystery and history for me that it once held) but I'd certainly put my hand in my very deep pockets to help restore it to its former glory... but not if, it's run as a commercial fishery as it has now become.
Trouble is it doesn't belong to us. In effect, its in someone else's back garden.

Even if this was possible, it would need a trust and trustees etc. etc.

It is up to the estate, and with Mark Walsingham's assistance, to decide what to do.
Best we keep the TFF out of it, if anyone is thinking about setting anything up please do it off the open forum. :Hat:
Fair point Guv :Hat:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Red Spinners are in the process of creating a 'History of -------'. I am sure some details will be in there.

I removed mostly old battle scarred fish with horrendously damaged mouths. It seemed that many were dragged through the pads at all cost. I think the last ones died about 10 years ago in their new home about 6 or 7 miles away..

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

Jardine wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:21 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm They would if it meant a loss of privacy and control!

Hi Olly,
Where did the stock of Cheshunt get moved to, would be interested to know sizes, species and how the removal was done. I fished it once as a guest of Roger Smith in 1977, the carp were not big but hard fighting and we had quite a few on cockles.
Did anyone ever write up the history of Cheshunt Reservoir ?
Best regards
Mem
There's a fair bit about Cheshunt in both of Kevin Clifford's two "History of Carpfishing" books Mem, plus of course a chapter in Jacks "Quest for Carp".

John

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

Longfield was not backfilled as far as I know. The m25 did plough through Yeoveney <sp?>.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Mark99 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 am Longfield was not backfilled as far as I know. The m25 did plough through Yeoveney <sp?>.
Thank you for the correction Mark, a slight cock up with venues.
Best regards
Mem

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

No probs Jardine. There was some ill feeling re Longfield. I think some fish were netted and put elsewhere (Horton?). Not being a carp angler I can't be sure.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Now I recall that Longfield was drained and netted, no idea why and as you say fish were moved to Horton? Not sure where the present stock were from and if there were any of the original fish returned. So both Longfield and Yeoveny were lost as carp waters at the time. Anyone know why it was drained?

Return to “Redmire Pool”