Redmire Cine Film Sepember 1984 - March 1985

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Redmire Cine Film Sepember 1984 - March 1985

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Just spent a really interesting half hour watching a cine film shot over several sessions on Redmire Pool by one of our stalwart B.C.S.G. members with well known Redmire faces and some classic Redmire carp.

The silent film has only just been burned to a DVD. It would be nice if I can get the person who shot it to do a narration over it. I'm sure there would be some interest in it if only to have captured a moment in history at such a historic place. We have all seen the still pictures but moving pictures through the Autumn and Winter along with captures, several of which myself and most others will have never seen before.

I also have some cine film here from the late Peter Mohan featuring Duncan Kay and Peter fishing on the surface and another of the late Duncan Kay with a 30 lb plus carp.

There could be a bit of a montage put together if all parties are willing.

I bet there is a fair bit of old film out there never converted to more modern means.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Re: Redmire Cine Film Sepember 1984 - March 1985

Post by Northern_Nomad »

That sounds to be a facinating piece of history there Shaun.

As you say there must be more out there.

Good luck in your quest :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Redmire Cine Film Sepember 1984 - March 1985

Post by Mark »

Sounds very interesting Shaun.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Redmire Pool”