Goodbye Redmire

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Goodbye Redmire

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Goodbye Redmire and all who have helped as the pool and estate is handed over to the new owners.

https://www.carpfeed.com/fishing-news/a ... d-farewell
Last edited by Shaun Harrison on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Goodbye Redmire

Post by Pallenpool »

Crikey - that was a rather shock shock title Shaun - after I settled down it was gratifying to read on a couple of levels - importantly that the credit due to Mark and the team has been recognised and published especially after all that has been said over the last few months.
Here’s to the pools future.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Nothing lasts forever Shaun. I think that it is great credit to all those who have worked so hard to bring the pool to its current condition. Who knows what the future may bring?
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Having only experienced Redmire via A Passion for Angling and the printed page I have no connection to this water.
For those members who have wet a line there I hope your memories stay with you forever as I am sure it must have been a special adventure.

I can only compare it to the time when my local beat of the Trent ,which had been free to fish for many years fell into the hands of developers who at the time had big plans to include this in their luxury housing development scheme .
The uncertainty of its future was overcome and the current club have full ownership and as for the housing this was kept well behind the flood bank!

So I guess we all have our own drama's in life.

Lets hope this one works out in time.

Best Regards
Nige.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Mark Everard had a nightmare on his Bristol Avon stretch a few years ago. He writes about this in his roach fishing books. Fields, meadows and swims that were once open to him and his 2lb roach exploits were suddenly cut off by widespread housing development.

The message is clear. Whatever fishing magic you enjoy, make the very best of it whilst you can; tomorrow, for whatever reason, it may be gone.
John Harding

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I used to fish a lovely little day ticket lake that was tucked away next to the Darent and was said to have the remains of a roman well in one corner. It was a superb Tench water and was looked after by the chap who was also the bailiff for leisure sports. I went there one day and there were locked gates across the track in and a notice that it was taken over by LAA? No entry!! I visited years later hoping something had changed but you could not see the lake because of it being all overgrown and un managed. To say I was sad was an under statement. I hope Redmire is looked after and some have the chance to wet a line there forever.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Absolutely Reedling!
John Harding

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Wensum roach, Wensum barbel, Avon roach...Trent barbel, Fenland rudd?

Fishing comes and goes.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

I know of a lot of fishing that has been lost to clubs in the last few years. The age of privatisation and making dosh.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

But there are always new opportunities, new people, new places to try. Its just that we can all get set in our ways, completely ignoring some other superb fishing that may be right on our doorstep.....
John Harding

Return to “Redmire Pool”