latest outing

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

latest outing

Post by TrentFisher »

Evening Gentleman,

Managed a short session on the Trent at Colwick on Sunday ......6.00 until straining to see the float tip!

It was a spur of the moment outing ,a quality roach was the target,but to be honest just getting out on the river was the tonic I needed.

So off I went float rod in hand and sweetcorn in the bag.I divided the bait up 1/3 of the tin hook bait plus a bit for feed the rest was out through the food processor to give a nice choppy mix for the main feed.

The end peg on the stretch was free so that would give a me a nice long trot ,just what I was after.
Second trot down produced a lively chub around the pound mark,and this followed with a few others and some plump dace for good measure.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time disappears when out fishing,it was soon after eight ,so it was time to concentrate on catching that roach.
A few cast later and the first roach was finally hooked a scale perfect fish of 12oz or so.
The bites were bold and two more followed ....then disaster struck in the shape of a very large pike seizing a smaller roach and for the next 15 minutes
the brute flexed it's muscles before the line parted at the hook.

The light was fading fast just time for one last go and I was rewarded with a roach pushing the pound mark and again it was near perfect......

So that was it the light had virtually gone but not before I spotted an Otter on the far bank .....a nice way to leave the river until next time.

...Regards-Nige.

Scott
Tench

Re: latest outing

Post by Scott »

Sounds like a good session Nige. Never had a pike seize a fish from me, must be heart pounding stuff! :Hat:

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Re: latest outing

Post by TrentFisher »

Hi Scott,

on the local stretch I was fishing holds a good number of pike ,the reported biggest and I have seen the picture is 28lb.

I am hoping we get some nice Autumn/Winter days and the river at a good level so I get a chance to land one or two.

The one that towed me round on Sunday was a good mid to high double ,I can still it's bow wave as it made it's grab my roach!

I hope you are enjoying your fishing this year.

All the best -Nige.

Return to “River Trent”