Hi / Rod Queries

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Von B

Re: Hi / Rod Queries

Post by Von B »

Hi everyone,

Thought I would just give everyone a bit of an update regarding the rod collection.

After much deliberation I have decided to sell all of the rods and instead kept a scottie impregnated landing net, which I am personally more likely to use than a split cane rod for my fishing preferences.

I have also following the advise of a number of members (and real thanks to Snape) made contact with Edward Barber regarding the Chris Yates Barbus Maximus and went to visit him at his workshop a couple of months ago. Following discussion I elected to get him to restore and sell the rod on my behalf. The restoration work is now complete (you can find pictures on his website under news to compare with the before and after photos from this thread) and have to say the restored rod looks absolutely amazing! Really pleased it has gone back to Edward and hopefully the next owner will have many years of pleasure from the rod and some wonderful moments like I did.

Regarding the other rods I have decided to stick them onto eBay. Whilst I loathe it for certain things it all started to get a bit complicated with putting rods in at auction houses or driving all over half the UK to get them valued etc.

I know a number of members have emailed or contacted me previously offering to purchase a particular rod etc so for info these are now listed for sale. I will obviously respect the rules of the forum and not post any direct eBay links, but for those that are interested the rod listings can be found by searching under my eBay username vonb2004 (under advanced search and by seller). If people are interested in buying more than one then let me know as I am sure we can come to some arrangement etc.

Thanks once again for everyones help.

Tight lines
Neil

Keston
Tench

Re: Hi / Rod Queries

Post by Keston »

What a fabulous collection of rods.
Good luck with the sales
John

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”