Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Wallis Wizard

Post by Wallis Wizard »

Hi all I am new to TFF and would like to introduce myself.
My introduction to traditional angling started over fifty years ago, when as a youngster I used to fish a small local pond that held a good head and variety of fish. Whilst like most youngsters trying to get to grips with the noble art, a local legend,(hero to me) took me under his wing, I can see him now walking to the pool in a long mohair overcoat, plus extra pockets, small wooden stool in one hand and split cane rod, made up in the other, his tackle spread around the many pockets, sadly now old Bob is long gone, I was greatful to him for his teaching, but even more by him giving me his split cane rod, a 'Sealey Tudor Supreme', I still own this rod although it is in need of some tlc,I have recently retired and now hope to refurb the Sealey to its former glory.
I fish now mainly for Carp and Barbel, not for me the modern power sticks, rather using the cane rods by B. James and glass rods of Alan Brown that I have acquired over the years, teamed up where possible with 'pins' or my trusty '300s'.
I have,over the years fished a variety of waters, the Severn(upper), Dane, Dove, and Ribble, Stillwaters in most counties around the country, I have not yet managed to dangle in that fabled pool called Redmire, but there's still time for that.
I am looking forward to sharing any information of interest that I have picked up over my near sixty year apprenticeship and to hearing of some of your exploits/adventures.
Thank you to Mark for giving me this opportunity.
All the best
Steve

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: New member

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF, Steve!

I'm sure, you've got a lot of knowledge to share with us.

Greetings from Bamberg

Martin

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Steve

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A hearty welcome, Sir ... especially to one who has had a Precision Rods rod for so long. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Steve.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Nice introduction Steve. Wellcome to the TFF.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

Great Introducion and welcome to the forum :welcome:
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome aboard Steve, all like minded people here.

Good luck with the refurb and let us know how you are getting on with it or if there is anything we can help you with just shout up.

Wal.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Welcome to the forum.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Nice Introduction Steve, would be interested in seeing your sealey restoration project in photo's :welcome:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”