Cheshunt Old Boy

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Mercman
Roach

Re: Cheshunt Old Boy

Post by Mercman »

Hi Lee or Lee
I used to do the same, lived in Clyde Road firstly and then lived in Bruce Castle Road Tottenham until I was 17. Always on that train back then, sometimes I even paid the fare great times.

Tizer on here is also a Tottenham boy too. We both moved out years ago but not too far I am in Essex now. Had a few trips recently back to the Lea Valley but where have all the fish gone?

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

You know where they have all gone boy,especially the pike,best not talk about it though.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Lee or Lea wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 am Hi

I spent many an happy hour on the North Met Pit in Cheshunt. Train up from Tottenham, then a walk down the river to the pit.

Bait up with whatever groundbait I could afford at the time (although generally that meant plain white & brown crumb), followed by an evening under the rod tip on a lift float rig with corn or maggot the main ammunition.

Some lovely Tench graced my net in those days.

I now live in Newport Shropshire, and I am fortunate enough to live 5 minutes away from a land locked section of the shroppy, so can still fish my favourite method albeit for slightly smaller specimens.
When we lived in Tottenham we would get the train up to the north met most friday nights,if we got there late you would be luckly to get a swim,When i moved up that way can you imagine how hard it was to go to work each day when i was just a few 100 yds from the place,but in them days you could go over there for a couple of hours after work and catch a couple of bream or tench,happy days.Now I think you have to be a long stay angler to be in with a chance of catching regular

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

"Zebedee", welcome, can I ask, did you choose you handle because like my Dad, you avidly watched a certain kids program on TV? I can remember my father would take over the TV, no matter what the rest of us were watching to watch the "Magic Roundabout", I couldn't work out why he was so enamored of it.
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Hello zebbedee the black prince Mike

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”