hello

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Darrrren

hello

Post by Darrrren »

Hello everyone. Just introduce myself. Im 27 from south wales, fished since I was about 11, all self taught. Caught my first fish on my first ever go, a trout from a pool at the local river, very hard fishing so I did well. Over the years I went onto learn myself at the local lakes, went into the pole craze for a while then onto the specimen carp. I've also been in the army for 10 years so time on the bank is limited, which is what brings me here. I started getting sick of all the gear, pods, alarms, and so on. Last year i caught a few PBs for the carp but also did a bit with just a net, a float rod, and a small tin of bits. I enjoyed fishing this way alot,nice and simple, and I could get to the lake or canal on an evening, be set up in no time, move easily around the water, and pack up in minutes. This year im focusing on simple fishing. One rod, a net, few floats and hooks and the elements. I got myself an old milbro rod, an old Mitchell reel, and I've just ordered Paul Duffield's book to have a go making my own. This tear I intend to target tench on the canal using the lift method. As I saw many tench over 5lb last year just couldn't get a bite in the gin clear water. Regards, darren.

Aitch
Pike

Re: hello

Post by Aitch »

Welcome, Sir :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Crafty Carassius
Ruffe

Post by Crafty Carassius »

Welcome, Young 'Un . . . Tight Lines all the way!

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Welcome to the TFF.....

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome aboard Darren, nice to see some young blood getting into the finer things in life.

Wal.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Darren.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Muscavado
Grayling

Post by Muscavado »

Darren,
I hope you will enjoy your time on the Forum.
So,
:welcome:

John

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Welcome to TFF. You will lower the average age if forum membees by a considerable percentage :Chuckle:
Good approach to go for simple fishing. I am sure it will give a lot of fun and satisfaction.

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

Welcome Darren!
Tom

Darrrren

Post by Darrrren »

Thanks guys. I've got a shed full of gear but when I sit by the canal fishing simply I have as much pleasure catching roach as big carp. It's too common aswell that on hot summer days I go to the local pool with just a rod and a bag of bread catching off the surface as people fish with all the gear on the bottom with no fish for the efforts. I've enjoyed fishing for big carp but its taken to seriously, so im trying to get the charm back. Managed to pick up a nice plain wooden box at "the works" today so will be staining and varnishing it to make a personalized float box. There are lots of different little boxes in there for around two quid a box I case it may help anyone.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”