New member from Suffolk!

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Stathamender
Tench

Re: New member from Suffolk!

Post by Stathamender »

Tom-Hutmaker wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm Thank you all for the very friendly welcome!

Stathamender thank you for your reply, the London Anglers looks like it could be a good thing for me to join! I interested in old estate lakes, can you or any point me in the direction of some local ones to me please?
Bescause of work commitments I would like to try and find some spots closer to home. I live near Framlingham in Suffolk and i am often near the coast (Aldeburgh - Southwold)
Can anyone recommend places in that area? River Deben?
Tom, I don't know the Framlingham area, my experience is mostly of the area further south close to the Essex border but a Google search https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fishi ... TyB__VmJAB produces a lot of references to people and organisations who could help you out.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

The Bishop
Perch

Post by The Bishop »

Welcome home Sir.

Best Fishes
Roger
Tight Lines

The Bishop

The Gods do not take from a life,the time one spends in fishing.

Tom-Hutmaker

Post by Tom-Hutmaker »

Firebird wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:26 am Southwold and Framlingham - childhood haunts, Southwold anyway. Went to Framlingham once or twice. I fished the Deben many many years ago, almost a pond the river is so slow. Good roach in there though I didn't catch them. Then it suffered pea sillage pollution. What it's like these days I've no idea, but a peaceful sedate river that must be worth a try.
Yes it is a very slow river. I had a little look about today to check a couple of spots that I thought may be worth trying out. (Glevering nr Wickham Market) Where abouts did you fish?

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Hi tom
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Welcome to the forum Tom just like the rest, ebay, and Redditch. Also ask around and let people know you collect and use old tackle.

Stef

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

:welcome: Tom,

I'm also in Suffolk, just! near Diss. do keep us informed. Although not near to Southwold or Fram the Waveney is a lovely river. (Cherry Tree Fishing Club)

Ted.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”