Hello from Chester :-)

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Hello from Chester :-)

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome Sir :Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Welcome aboard Nick :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Enjoy the forum!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Saknussemm
Stickleback

Post by Saknussemm »

Hello all,

Thank You for the welcomes.

Well , my three and a half weeks off has come to an end .
I return to Iraq tonight via Dubai. Dubai ??? A terrible place . Avoid if you can.

I went fishing several times .
Local to Chester is the canal at the back of Chester zoo which as OK - mainly small silver fish.
I have permission to fish a small syndicate water just outside Chester and that was pretty good.
Lots of roach and rudd. Quite a few carp were rising later in the day. I tried a floating crust but no luck.

Just outside Chester is a commercial water called Hampton Springs.
Very good fishing but very busy with the bivvy , alarms and three rods brigade.
Nothing wrong with that , just not for me.

If anyone else here is local to Chester and know of any good waters , please let me know , If you would like.

Hope you all have a good month or so , and until I get back home in Aug.........

Nick

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

You want to see what happens to a crust thrown in the moat where the boat takes you round Chester zoo like peranhas mike

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Hi,

I lived in Cheshire for a few years. Fished Hampton Spring in a couple of matches. Used to be a 16m Pole place, but I am sure pleasure fishing you could catch close in and there is Chub in there. There is another place near Frodsham I used to fish and that had two pounds. The top one was good for some nice Rudd and Small Carp. You could catch them at the end of the rod top.

Further afield you could try the River Weaver at Winsford which is Good for Roach fishing, with Skimmers and Bream if there is some colour in the water. You could also try Tatton lake or Sparrow Grove just outside MIddlewich. Both are Middlewich Anglers Association. Tatton used to have some nice Tench and Crucian Carp in it. Sparrow Grove, I had some very good days Bream fishing.

I think there may be some free fishing near you on the River Dee at Farndon? My wife and I went for a walk there once and it looked lovely. Some chap was catching Dace and had a few Grayling.

Hope this helps.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Hi Nick, welcome aboard sir :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Hi Nick - thank you for your intro. I once got offered some lucrative work in the Middle East and I thought about it. In the end I had to tell the company that offered it that I would take the post providing that they could re route the Herefordshire Wye through that country. Well who needs the money, when its Autumn, there's colour in the river and the roach are priming by the Pump House?
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”