Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Timandtone

Post by Timandtone »

hello my name is tony this is my first post,Fished all my life from the age of 9 im 64 now mostly around the Bristol Avon now is the time to return from where it all began with my dads old split cane rod and centre pin when a pint of maggots were a tanner a pint and worms dug from dads compost heap now i need help and knowledge from members on here to point me in the right direction to purchase some rods im thinking i need three a float rod, an Avon type rod for Barbel and Chub,and one for Carp i have set myself a limit of £500 for each rod so any information would be much appreciated thank you all.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Re: new member

Post by AllRounder »

Hello Tony welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here. Take your time buying the rods it's very easy to rush in and buy something you later regret.£500 is a very useful budget and should enable you to purchase some better examples.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Tony.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A hearty welcome, Sir. It's a pity you're just a few days late for the Redditch Tackle Fair, where you could actually have 'waggled' many a suitable rod.

I have a feeling you may be inundated with suggestions. As AllRounder says ... take your time and seek all the advice you can get.
Last edited by AshbyCut on Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome sir :Hat:

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Welcome Tony.

JW

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

A hearty welcome aboard, Sir :Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Welcome aboard Tony :Hat:

With regard to cane rods for up to £500 each, given your requiements,you will find plenty tochoose from.
You would do well to read the section of this forum on Traditional Rods, where there are posts on a wide range of cane rods
With regard to a cane rod for carp, have a read of the sub section in that section of the forum on B.James rods. £500 would be more than enough to buy you an excellent condition B.James MKIV carp rod ( suitable for carp and barbel fshing) . It would also buy you a similarly excellent condition B.James stepped-up MKIV ( suitable for large carp ).

My knowledge of cane rods is very limited but there are Plenty of others on here who have a very in depth/ detailed knowledge of cane rods.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello Tony, welcome to the TFF

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF Tony!
Greetings from Bamberg