Greetings!

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Greetings!

Post by Duckett »

KenSowerbutts wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm :Thumb: Welcome to you sir ,I like your user name my great grandad lived and had a workshop by Ducketts making fishing rods and also walking canes .
I've seen that name mentioned. Real historical consistency in your family! I remember Duckett's when I first moved to London in 1988. The canal was a mess and it probably wouldn't have been safe to fish. Now, after a lot of hard work by some people, it's a delight again. One day, I will catch something in it!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm Hello .. I know Ducketts canal well. I've fished the Regents at Mare street and around the Lea all over and fished the Ducketts canal ( where it joins the Lea, at Fish Island. As well as the old Lea behind WestHams new ground , old ford lock too. The only tackle shop in east London is 5 min walk from your name sake

Where do you fish around here in east London ?

There are a good few Lea anglers on this forum
I'm in Stratford, so if I fancy a bus ride and a walk, I do a spot of ultra-light lure fishing (ahem, with tackle I am not allowed to mention) on Duckett's, the Lee Navigation and the various waterways around the Olympic Park. I'm in the market for a very light cane spinning rod and reel but have failed to find ones I can justify buying yet. I also do a spot of float fishing on those waters with my traditional equipment but, with the amount of people around these days, limit myself to a couple of hours early morning or late evening.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Trotter
Bleak

Post by Trotter »

Welcome to the forum, Sir!

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Post by KenSowerbutts »

The last real time I looked into the canal would be about 55 years ago I was there with my dad as we were helping my nan move from the house that had been used by my family for generations . The house was in Old Ford Road just yards from the canal , can't imagine the change since then but do remember the pub a couple of doors down and next to the canal called the Iceland a local to all my family who lived very close to each other.Maybe some day I will make a visit for old times sake.Nice to hear its being fished again .
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

:welcome: Duckett,s Canal.

Not far from Ducketts

Believed to be next to the Cricketers ??????????

Mike Jordan
Minnow

Post by Mike Jordan »

Welcome to the Forum Sir, may your hooks remain ever sharp!

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!
Tom

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Ljm183 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 pm :welcome: Duckett,s Canal.

Not far from Ducketts

Believed to be next to the Cricketers ??????????

What a great picture. Pole angler and others . I think it's the Regents canal very very close to its entrance to the Hartford Union which of course is the posh name for the Ducketts canal. In 2012 I fished the Ducketts at the other end where it merges into the Lea and my late friend and neighbour Tony ( passed away in 2014) caught a jack pike of about 2 lb on a size 16 single maggot! I caught small perch and roach in the Regents in the very late 90s / 00s .

The fish are far and few between and many many more boats these days.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”