Good Evening from Bethnal Green

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Pelj54
Minnow

Re: Good Evening from Bethnal Green

Post by Pelj54 »

Duebel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 am Welcome to the TFF, Perry!
I'm just about to do a little repair job on a friend's B&W CTM 13 - nice rods indeed! I guess I'd use it all the time if I had one.
Thank you Duebel,
they really are fine rods to fish with.And good to know someone who has the skill to repair one.

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Muscavado wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 am Welcome Perry,

Hope you enjoy your time on the Forum

John
Thank you Muscavado

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Shed_Monkey wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:35 am Welcome to the forum Perry - it's good to have you on board.

Cheers
Steve
Thank you Shed_Monkey

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:38 am Welcome to the forum! I also fished the canal albeit on the other side of London IThe Regents Canal) near to London Zoo. I have many happy memories of catching many good roach!
Thank you Lea Dweller,
I know the stretch and area you mention quite well,good roach from the canal were a joy to catch back in those days,also surprisingly good Tench,Bream Perch,Rudd and Pike were often landed.

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Tom wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 am WELCOME!
Tom
Thank you Tom

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

GhyllManor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:28 am A sincere welcome Perry, you're in the right place.
Ted
Thank you GhyllManor

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Julian wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 am Welcome aboard Perry :Hat:
Thank you Julian

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Welcome to the forum. I'm another fan of B&W CTM rods partnered with either ABU or Mitchell reels. If you're an LAA member we might meet up some time at one or other of their waters, or - if you can face a trip to S London - on the Wandle.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Pelj54 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:20 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:38 am Welcome to the forum! I also fished the canal albeit on the other side of London IThe Regents Canal) near to London Zoo. I have many happy memories of catching many good roach!
Thank you Lea Dweller,
I know the stretch and area you mention quite well,good roach from the canal were a joy to catch back in those days,also surprisingly good Tench,Bream Perch,Rudd and Pike were often landed.
I remember one memorable occasion when I was fishing the canal right opposite the ABC (Aereated Bread Company) near Camden Town. I knew some friends that worked in the factory, so one day when I was fishing peacefully about a dozen loaves came sailing out of the factory window. The loaves landed all around my float followed by a shout of "Here is some ground bait Ted" I had to laugh, I suppose, happy days! :Hahaha:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

:welcome: Perry

I used to fish Vicky Park in the 60,s and used Lees in Roman Rd. to buy Maggots on the way.

John Lee i first met when he had his shop in Columbia Rd (Flower Market) and fished with him and a few of his customers in Ireland. He then moved shop the Stepney Green. Whitehorse Rd . before closing that shop to move out of London. Not heard from him in a long time.

Lee.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”