Hello from Shrewsbury

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Hello from Shrewsbury

Post by Carp Artist »

WELCOME ABOARD Andre :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Welcome to the forum Andre
Congratulations on your first floats you'll find plenty of help and encouragement here

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello André, welcome to the TFF

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

I like your floats Andre. You could even do some traditional Sea floats, I have not seen any of those. Maybe a niche market in them?

Crafty Carassius
Ruffe

Post by Crafty Carassius »

Welcome to the TFF Bank, André. Informative intro . . . thank you.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Nice to hear your story Andre. Just down the A49 we hear that the river Severn in Shrewsbury is suddenly full of fish once more. No one knows quite why this should be so but some of the match boys are starting to organise more competitions and I understand that some of these are 'float only'. It would be great if some of your designs could actually feature in some of these matches - and why not indeed........I look forward to hearing progress in due course.
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

HFF Macro
Ruffe

Post by HFF Macro »

Andre - I know that this is an old thread but I saw it and felt compelled to comment. I remember talking to you way back when you started your journey, and seeing those first very admirable creations. I am so so glad that it has helped you with your mental if not physical health (although I am sure you are finding your fingers far more dextrous after all those floats made!) . My wife is a solution focused hypnotherapist and works a lot with depression, with great success - I am so pleased I can tell her I have also in some small way helped someone too! Obviously the concentration required and the "mindful" state we all find ourselves in while absorbed by our pastime helps take the mind off any pain in our bodies. I must hough tell you Andre - I saw some of your more recent creations and I can only say I am glad you are not planning on going into competition (at the moment!) . You have certainly gone beyond the basics and your floats are real treasures now. Well done.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome to the forum Andre :Thumb:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”