Hello from Doncaster

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
ChrisMec
Ruffe

Re: Hello from Doncaster

Post by ChrisMec »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Welcome and enjoy.
Tight lines.
Peter

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Welcome Josh! I'm another S Yorks member (for half the year anyway). Are you in Doncaster Anglers https://ddaa.co.uk/? They've got some very good waters, especially the stretch of the Don down from Sprotborough weir to the prison.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Joshluke
Dace

Post by Joshluke »

Stathamender wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am Welcome Josh! I'm another S Yorks member (for half the year anyway). Are you in Doncaster Anglers https://ddaa.co.uk/? They've got some very good waters, especially the stretch of the Don down from Sprotborough weir to the prison.
Hi Stathamender! Where abouts in South Yorkshire are you? I'm not a member of DDAA, however I have fished Sprotborough a few times and enjoyed it. I mainly fish the Dearne from Bolton to Pastures, but I have scouted out a few spots on the Don I'd like to fish this season.
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Joshluke wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 pm
Stathamender wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am Welcome Josh! I'm another S Yorks member (for half the year anyway). Are you in Doncaster Anglers https://ddaa.co.uk/? They've got some very good waters, especially the stretch of the Don down from Sprotborough weir to the prison.
Hi Stathamender! Where abouts in South Yorkshire are you? I'm not a member of DDAA, however I have fished Sprotborough a few times and enjoyed it. I mainly fish the Dearne from Bolton to Pastures, but I have scouted out a few spots on the Don I'd like to fish this season.
I'm in Sheffield (Hillsborough) for about half the year, I get back there from France later this week. There's several of us on here fish the Dearne regularly (me, Penninelad, BendSomeCane and others). I mainly fish the canals ('Plumpers' near Meadowhall and the locks at Carbrook on the S&T, the Chesterfield Canal at Shireoaks and occasionally the Earl Fitz and the Navigation at Parkgate) but intend get on the Don more this season (Wynn Gardens, The Wicker, Salmon Pastures - if the flood defence works have left any of the river accessible there, the Leveson St weir pool etc as well as Sprotborough). I'll take take a walk along the Five Weirs Walk when I get back to see what's possible there now. Penninelad and BendSomeCane fish the Navigation at Kilnhurst regularly.

Here's a link to reports of a recent outing in S Yorks viewtopic.php?f=137&t=26794&start=60.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Joshluke
Dace

Post by Joshluke »

Stathamender wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 am
Joshluke wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 pm
I'm in Sheffield (Hillsborough) for about half the year, I get back there from France later this week. There's several of us on here fish the Dearne regularly (me, Penninelad, BendSomeCane and others). I mainly fish the canals ('Plumpers' near Meadowhall and the locks at Carbrook on the S&T, the Chesterfield Canal at Shireoaks and occasionally the Earl Fitz and the Navigation at Parkgate) but intend get on the Don more this season (Wynn Gardens, The Wicker, Salmon Pastures - if the flood defence works have left any of the river accessible there, the Leveson St weir pool etc as well as Sprotborough). I'll take take a walk along the Five Weirs Walk when I get back to see what's possible there now. Penninelad and BendSomeCane fish the Navigation at Kilnhurst regularly.

Here's a link to reports of a recent outing in S Yorks viewtopic.php?f=137&t=26794&start=60.
I passed through Hillsborough not too long ago, think I'd stay in France :Chuckle: I absolutely love the Dearne, I didn't know so many TFF members fished it. Maybe a TFF Dearne meet up is in order. I've never really done much canal fishing, mainly due to my love affair with Rivers. However, I may try some out during next close season, especially the canal near Parkgate as it's always looked appealing for some reason. I should fish the Don a lot more though, I am thinking of roving along the Don from Conisbrough Viaducts to Sprotborough. I would be knackered after but there's some very Good looking features along the river.
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”