Fresh blood

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
The Oxford Angler
Stickleback

Fresh blood

Post by The Oxford Angler »

Good evening one and all. I thought it only polite to introduce myself given that I've been permitted membership to your lovely looking forum.

My name is Stuart, I'm 40 years old and reside in Oxfordshire. I have a love of all things vintage; fishing tackle, cars, furniture, you name it..... I love using my traditional tackle, although my collection doesn't hold any lavish items (yet), I much prefer the old school approach to my fishing, mostly because of its simplicity I think. I am looking to expand my collection so will no doubt benefit from advise and knowledge from other, better informed, members than myself. I would quite like to make my own landing net in the not too distant future, watch this space.

I also enjoy reading classic fishing literature, but I wont bore you with a list of authors as I'm sure we all know who they are.

I own a VW campervan (1975) and enjoy days away on the Wye and Avon for chub and barbel (and any other species that comes along as well to be honest). I fish locally as well, as working in the ambulance service, studying, and being a busy family man, time is not always as abundant as one would like.

I very much look forward to browsing through the various different threads.

Cheers Stuart

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Fresh blood

Post by RBTraditional »

40 years of age....nice to have a youngun aboard, pull up a pew by the fire, pour yourself a nice single malt and enjoy the banter.... :Hat: :cheers:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum :cheers: :Hat: :fishing1:

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Welcome aboard Stuart.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Welcome Stuart, it's nice having you with us. This forum has the most wonderful chaps you'll come across. And now it's better, because you're here.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

A warm welcome to the forum Stuart :welcome:

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Welcome to the TFF Stuart .

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!

The Oxford Angler
Stickleback

RBTraditional wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm 40 years of age....nice to have a youngun aboard, pull up a pew by the fire, pour yourself a nice single malt and enjoy the banter.... :Hat: :cheers:
Thanks very much. I currently have the fire lit, and once the young ones retire to bed I shall pour myself a glass. I worked all weekend so this is my Saturday night, red wine will have to replace a single malt though as whiskey is reserved for more grand occasions in this household :cheers:

The Oxford Angler
Stickleback

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”