Late to the party...

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Pickerel
Gudgeon

Late to the party...

Post by Pickerel »

Sorry I have been posting on the site for a while but forgot to introduce myself. As child of the early fifties I grew up during the cane to glass switch as well as the 'pin to f/spool transition (bypassed some I know..
My angling skill is still enthusiastic beginner, but I do appreciate what angling has given me over the (many, many) years and in my own way I like to pay back that dept.

Due to my ineptitude when it comes to making anything angling related and can only marvel at the creations from artists such as Santiago, so my contribution comes from attempting to wrtite hopefully entertaining articles. I have posted a few on here under my own 'Pickerel' page, but I was wondering whether I might have the temerity to suggest that a topic such as 'Fishy Tales' or some such could be added to the site where contributors can post amusing or informative pieces?

Probably too much for a first post so I will go back lurking for a while.. :shocked:

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Late to the party...

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome to the TFF Sir - As you have seen there’s a lot going on here.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Welcome to the forum Pickerel, by the way has anyone on here ever seen one other than on a pub sign. To start you on the slippery slope why not try making a float or two yourself, you will be surprised how quickly you get the hang of it and the amount of help and support you will get on here is unlimited.

JW

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Pickerel.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I'm as cack handed as they come Pickerel but have still caught fish on my own floats and flies. We do have some extremely talented engineers, artists and fix-em-up-types on this forum... makes me jealous but hey, time spent sweating over a hot lathe is time you can't spend on the bank :Wink:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

A hearty welcome to tff Pickerel and I very much look forward to reading your entertaining posts, which remind me of an old friend's adventures!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Pickerel

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Very entertaining posts so far.... look forward to more instalments... welcome....pull up a pew, pour a large libation and enjoy the banter....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Welcome and great to have you on board :welcome:

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

Welcome to the forum, Pickerel.

It's the `enthusiastic' in enthusiastic beginner that really counts. For many of us here, `fishing' is really a combination of fishing and the outdoors, the vintage equipment, the stories about fishing, and the anticipation of the next day's fishing. We love a good fishy tale, so lurk no longer!

Good to have you aboard.

G. B.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”