Hello fellow anglers

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Hello fellow anglers

Post by Ljm183 »

Forgot to say hello to everyone before jumping in and posting, so Hello fellow anglers.
My names Lee and i live in Dagenham Essex, Mainly fish Puddledock, Arrans, Darrenth
But did my fishing apprenticeship on the Lea at Kings Weir, Wormley and Victoria Park, Hackney in 60,s, they were the only places i could get to by bus or train then.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Hello fellow anglers

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Lee, hope you enjoy your time here.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Welcome Lee. :hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Welcome to the party Lee, perhaps you know a few secrets about the legendary Dagenham Lake??

SK :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Lee

Welcome to our tranquil hideaway
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:, perhaps you know a few secrets about the legendary Dagenham Lake??

SK :hat:
known as Dagenham Breach

Did,nt know it was legendary or had any secrets, i do know it,s got some big carp and eel,s and loads of weed, don,t see many fishing it now

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Well if its the same Dagenham Lake Walker, Grief et al fished back in the late forties then its on our excursion list for next summer. Would be great if you could find out about tickets, ruls etc....

Thanks
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Dagenham Breach can only be fished by ford workers or ex ford workers who join their fishing club but if you tell me the address of the one on your excursion list i will try and find some info
Just found another one used to be called the Dagenham lake, now known as Valence Moat
http://www.becmain.com/index.php?p=34

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

ljm183 wrote:Forgot to say hello to everyone before jumping in and posting, so Hello fellow anglers.
My names Lee and i live in Dagenham Essex, Mainly fish Puddledock, Arrans, Darrenth
But did my fishing apprenticeship on the Lea at Kings Weir, Wormley and Victoria Park, Hackney in 60,s, they were the only places i could get to by bus or train then.
Welcome ljm183, victoria park in the sixties, do tell more?

I live next to the park and although never fish have watched many large and old strain carp come out over the last ten years.
At the moment the lake is being restored back to it original state with the chinese pagoda and island. Do you have any picture of the lake in the sixties? would love to see some.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Stickleback
Victoria park lake is a lot smaller now than in the sixties, there used to be three islands , the wooded area at the approach rd end was the large island, the area at that end of the lake was fenced off and you were not allowed to fish it, but this is where all the large carp were in the sixties, they also had rowing boats that you could hire or you could take a trip from the boat house around the island and back on the motor boat. 70,s photo found on the net,the boat house far side under the trees and the original island on the left

Last edited by Ljm183 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”