Shakespeare catalogues?

This forum is for discussing Other Anglers Guides and Catalogues.
Macdescruple

Re: Shakespeare catalogues?

Post by Macdescruple »

Thanks DaveM, I now know what I don't have. :Chuckle:
Like Kevanf1, I have the twin tipped 12 foot version which isn't mentioned, and had no knowledge of the range containing two variants of the ledger rod.
The match rods come up for sale fairly regularly and now I can see why, they are impressive production figures. I'd very much like to find the 10 foot carp rod.
The quest will continue.

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

I have a very strong feeling that I might have both of the leger rods :) I need to dig my old original leger rod out to check. I'm pretty sure that was the 9 foot version while the one I bought a few months ago is the 9.5 foot one. If this is the case then it's one less for me to search for. Those production numbers certainly are impressive. Especially if you take into account another year or possibly two on top of production. I wonder how many carp rods were made?

I also wonder if twin tip versions were made of the 13 foot and 14 foot models.

By the way, has anybody else seen that butchered Polyestel on eBay? The float rod that has had a swing tip grafted onto it? I suspect the tip has got broken at some time and a previous owner has decided to make it a swing tip rod.. I'm not so sure it will work.. It could be useful for spare parts if the price was right I suppose.
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

For those who are interested, there is another Polyestel up for grabs on eBay right now. It's being auctioned Stuart Middleton who I and no doubt others on here can vouch for. The rod in question is a 9.6 (9 1/2) foot Polyestel amber glass leger rod. The eBay reference number is: 281245423624

It currently has 0 bids and is at £19.99 with £7.50 P&P. Stuart did have this on eBay previously a week or so ago but it did not attract any bids. It has now been dropped in starting price as it was first listed with a £24.99 start. I only know Stuart as a customer, I am not a close friend or anything but he is decent chap. I am just highlighting this rod as I know others are interested in the range of the Polyestels and I already have this one in my collection or I would have been over to see Stuart with a wad of cash in my hands :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Return to “Other Anglers Guides And Catalogues”