The Collectors Register.

This forum is for discussing Other Anglers Guides and Catalogues.
Champ
Chub

The Collectors Register.

Post by Champ »

Anyone remember this?.I wont mention any names but it was very well run by A chap who put a lot of time in for it.A little booklet was sent out a couple of times a year if i remember correctly.Members names and phone numbers were on the back.

These people might have been the original chaps that started the Redditch tackle fair.I may be wrong on this.I must have had ten or more booklets so it lasted a while.Pre internet?.

RightCharlie

Re: The Collectors Register.

Post by RightCharlie »

Sadly I do remember!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Champ & Right Charlie,
So do I remember. In fact even sadder I still have 22 of the magazines that Bob Turner and his associate printed back in the day. My magazines start in Autumn 1996 and run up to February 2001.
At the time, this magazine and the Redditch Tackle Fair that Bob started was my prime source of information, contacts and even acquisitions. This was before the internet was the power it is now. If you wished to buy or sell it was usually through the Loot or Admag free ads, or the Anglers Mail/Angling Times classifieds.

Bargains could be had but you used to have to work hard to track them down!

Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

RightCharlie

Post by RightCharlie »

I think we've invented something here B.T.I. 'Before The Internet'
I was joking with my neice over xmas about B.M.P. 'Before Mobile Phones'!

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Well i never!.Yes they are the ones Bob!.I found members helpful and quite free with their hard earned advice.Bob helped me to get a near complete set (except cod)of the HTCT books.

RedditchTackleFair
Gudgeon

Post by RedditchTackleFair »

Hi to you all on this forum, for some reason I was looking through some old Collectors Register magazines earlier and wondered if a search on the Internet might tell me if they were still around. It was nice to read your comments, yes it was hard work putting the magazines together each month. I spent hours either typing or photo-copying bits of paper.

The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair at Redditch was the result of the success of the magazine. My friend Bob Bray and I thought Redditch would be the perfect venue for such a gathering. It was the first such event in the Country.

I have written an article regarding all this, if anyone wants to read it I will gladly type it out one evening.

Anyway, good to be aboard and I look forward to looking through the different threads.

Bob Turner

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done Bob for instigating such a wonderful tackle fair. :Hat:

And welcome to the forum by the way.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Bob

I'd be very interested in reading the article and hope you decide to post here on the forum.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Beresford wrote:I'd be very interested in reading the article and hope you decide to post here on the forum.
We certainly would like to read it Bob.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Well i never!.Hello again Bob.Lovely to see you here :Hat: .Will send a PM for a catch up later.Off to work now.

Return to “Other Anglers Guides And Catalogues”