J. B. Walker Fishing Tackle Catalogue

This forum is for discussing Other Anglers Guides and Catalogues.
Grinner
Ruffe

Re: J. B. Walker Fishing Tackle Catalogue

Post by Grinner »

Thanks for sharing. Would be great to see some of the MK IV listings inside, if possible please?

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It would be interesting to know just what it was that JB Walker supplied to Richard Walker? A lot of folk think this refers to cane blanks, but those who have studied the matter in detail are unconvinced, thinking it was just rod fittings....and of course JB W were well geared-up to offer postal services....it was their forte.

http://traditionalfisherman.com/viewtop ... ll#p177530

OldGreyMan

Post by OldGreyMan »

Those were indeed the days, saving pocket money. I still use my 1960s Avon.

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Trottingshawe wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 pm I thought this guide might be of interest as it lists a number of cane rods that were available as kits in 1980 including the Richard Walker Mk 4's. My brother and I visited the shop in Hythe a number of times before they closed down in the early 80's and purchased various rod blanks, rings and materials - my brother lashed out £21.50 on a Mark 4 carp rod which he later built into a very fine rod. Trott.

I was trying to find the J B Walker catalogue listing a rod in my rack called "Walker's" Salmex Newcastle. A 2-piece split cane Salmon/Sea Trout rod with clear agate eyes throughout. If any one can find a reference to this rod in one of their catalogues, I would be interested in the date of manufacture.

Stour Otter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you for this thread gents - I bought my Mk4 kit from JB Walker in 1965 and my woodwork teacher let me assemble it in his lessons. I caught my first three pound perch from the Wye with it in 1983, quiver tipping red worms.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Other Anglers Guides And Catalogues”