There's times when the phrase "mixed emotions" ..

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Michael
Tench

Re: There's times when the phrase "mixed emotions" ..

Post by Michael »

Ditto Mal......

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I am honoured to say that next Tuesday (19th. Sept.) I have been invited to collect the reel from not only the Gentleman who acted as 'sales agent' for his friend ... but the Gentleman who is the vendor of the reel. I may be even more of a burbling idiot than usual for a day or two !!!
Last edited by AshbyCut on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I am sure that the reel has found a fine new home!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Very dignified and respectful AC. Tightlines Sir!

:Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

So I heard. Well done Mal.
Hopefully some of the luck of the 'broker' will rub off on you. He had his first perch fishing trip of the season on the river and caught a 4lb 1oz and 3lb 8oz brace!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

It was with a small degree of trepidation with which I made my way to meet the vendor and his broker today to collect 'my' reel ...

I was in a quandary, given the fact that he was unable to fish these days due to his incapacity ... should I simply turn up with the folding beer tokens ??? ... or should I take along a few items of interest in the shape of a couple of unusual rods and reels.

I decided on the latter ... and his reaction when I opened my reel case and showed him a 4 inch Coxon Aerial proved I had made the right decision ... and when I took the Andrew Davis 'Festival Avon' unannounced from it's bag his face lit up and he said "That's an Andrew Davis rod !!!" He recognised it immediately from it's quality ... and it took him back to Redditch Fairs when he'd waggled a Davis or two in years gone by !!!

A delightful interlude followed, with tales exchanged and memories shared ... and I have come home not with a reel which I own ... but of which I am simply custodian.

I haven't yet christened the Andrew Davis "Festival Avon" ... but when I do it will be in partnership with Tony's 9750-T2 Aerial 4 1/2 inch ... and I'll be sharing any successes (or failures) with him.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Oh how lovely, well done sir.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”