Allcocks C815 ? ...old warrior .

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: Allcocks C815 ? ...old warrior .

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I have several C 815s and use them regularly - very fine reels in my opinion and well worth refurbishing and bringing back into use.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

If that picture of the restored reel does not get you going down that route I know I would seeing that on my cane rods :Thumb: I had a old batterd rod restored by forum member wallys cast worth every penny I spent can’t wait to use it soon :Ok: I have spent money on having my guns restored then years later had to sell through a head injury got a lot more money for them I thought I would have them for life if that was my reel I would restore and then you have people who like to keep things in unrestored condition and use as it is :fishing1: mike

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Black Prince this reel will certainly be used along with my other centre pin reels, I'm not a collector but a user, though I do enjoy seeing my rods displayed in the rack and my reels in the cabinet. When I look at my rods and reels memories come flooding back, long may it last.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Martin James wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 pm Reference Allcocks Aerial Old Warrior, I had such a reel that was in the same condition. It was sent to Steve Boncey to be given a makeover, I got it back today as new. I am well pleased great work and service.

It looks like he did a fabulous job on that reel , I have z rod that was refurbished by Steve Boncey and the work is similarly impressive.

Btw the way I decided to kept the old warrior as It is, thete is a lot of character there which I like , it will at some point have the drag repaired though .

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”