The 1939 Allcock Aerial-Match 9053

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Watermole+
Chub

The 1939 Allcock Aerial-Match 9053

Post by Watermole+ »

I realize that this is asking an awful lot of trust from the owner, but if anyone out there has an example of this reel in absolutely original condition, no matter how worn that may be and would be prepared to loan it for a couple of days for the purposes of measuring and drawing up only, I would be extremely grateful.

You have my public word that apart from separating the line drum from the backplate, it would not be dismantled or interfered with in any way and that your postage cost will be reimbursed.

Please contact by PM if you can help.

Thank you.

wm+
Last edited by Watermole+ on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Leigh

Re: The 1939 Allcock Aerial Match 9053

Post by Leigh »

Leszek, I know a gentleman that lives near you that has one , I will email him today.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: The 1939 Allcock Aerial Match 9053

Post by Nobby »

Hello, hello....someone has a plan........can't wait to see how it pans out.

Watermole+
Chub

Re: The 1939 Allcock Aerial-Match 9053

Post by Watermole+ »

Hello again all,

Unfortunately, the strong lead and hope of actually seeing one of these reels came to nothing, despite Leigh's best efforts so we continue the search..

I think that in retrospect, asking that anyone owning one of theses reels would actually even dream of letting it leave their possession for a moment was a rather vain hope!

Essentially, I am trying to determine the profile measurements of this reel and if there is the remotest chance that someone out there does know of anyone who might be able to help in any way, I would be indebted to them..

Please contact me if there is the slightest whiff of a possibility of hope..

wm+

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Sir
I was chatting to Nobby and I said that I do have one which is currently at Garry Mills for a line guard repair . Once this is returned I am happy to assist in some way . Maybe utilising Nobby as a measurer as letting it out my sight after what could have happened at Garry's causes me some concern.
Cheers
Martin

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

Many thanks indeed for your kind offer Martin.

I would be willing to repair your line guard for you, should Garry be unable to undertake it at this present time, with regard to that awful break-in.

wm+

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

A few months ago I received my Aerial-Match reel 2 made by Leszek, another exciting reel from Leszek's engineering skills. I have only used it for one roach fishing session, it’s a dream for we anglers who use the Wallis cast. Thank you Leszek

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”