Match Aerial Reel Vs Mazda

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Fredline
Tench

Match Aerial Reel Vs Mazda

Post by Fredline »

I have an unused boxed Match Aerial C340 that someone dropped onto the table a couple of “Redditch” ago. It left a mark on the rim, they were very apologetic but to quote Tony Soprano “Whaddya gonna do?” I showed it to Garry Mills and he was reluctant to do anything because of the cost to bring it up to its original spec for such a small blemish. So I did it myself and it was then that I discovered the perfect paint match for the 1960 Aerial Match————— Mazda 16W Black Pearl Touch up paint, my son has a Mazda. I have shown it on another C340 just to prove how good the colour match is. It is almost self amalgamating and a quick knock back with 0000 grade wire wool produces the finish.The reel shown has only had one coat and a few would achieve a far better result. So if you need to refurb a repair for a C340, Black Pearl is for you.ImageImageImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Match Aerial Reel Vs Mazda

Post by Pallenpool »

That is a very good match Sir, using your initiative has saved you a fair few pounds to boot - excellent stuff indeed.

I am wondering if I could use said paint on my Rapidex and Trudex work a day pins - we will see.

Thanks for posting

PP
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”